Photo
- - - - -

Excerpts of Latest Posts on Static Home Page

excerpts

Best Answer Rob , 10 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

In a static page in Framework, you can't have any text in the blogpage (a homepage is a blog page when it has post listings). So,

Since your page has lots of text on it, I'll recommend using Special Recent Posts, a plugin that will let you apply a shortcode that will pull a specified number of posts from the loop and display them with thumbs, excerpts and links. http://wordpress.org...l-recent-posts/

Everything is done through shortcode.  So, since it's your homepage, add a contentbox where you want the post list to appear, doing so via Drag & Drop. Then, include the customized shortcode (see the plugin instructions) in the contentbox.

You can customize the Special Recent Posts appearance with CSS.  It's well designed so each element has its own CSS classes.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pondhopper

pondhopper

Advanced Member

• Members

• 38 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Framework Version:pagelines pro

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

I have searched the forum and cannot find anything on this, but I know there must be information somewhere!

I have created a couple of blog rolls in pagelines and liked it, but this is the first full blown site that I have created.  I am competent in HTML and CSS, but I am not at all familiar with either wordpress or PHP

This is where I have got to:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

What I would like to know is:

1) Can I include excerpts of the latest posts in the gap between the text and the first row of boxes.  If so is there a code-free way of doing this or am I going to be dabbling in PHP which I don't really want to do?

I can include latest posts, but that only gives the title and I want to include a teaser with "read more"

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

Login to your site in Chrome.   View the site, to open the DMS Toolbar.

Navigate to the area of your homepage where you want the blog to be displayed.

Drag the PostLoop up there.  Edit the settings.

Publish and refresh.  View the homepage in another browser.

#3 pondhopper

pondhopper

Advanced Member

• Members

• 38 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Framework Version:pagelines pro

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

Ahh ... Rob I am not using DMS.  I was grandfathered in, but have been using the framework not DMS.  Anyway of doing this using the original framework?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:28 PM   Best Answer

In a static page in Framework, you can't have any text in the blogpage (a homepage is a blog page when it has post listings). So,

Since your page has lots of text on it, I'll recommend using Special Recent Posts, a plugin that will let you apply a shortcode that will pull a specified number of posts from the loop and display them with thumbs, excerpts and links.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Everything is done through shortcode.  So, since it's your homepage, add a contentbox where you want the post list to appear, doing so via Drag & Drop. Then, include the customized shortcode (see the plugin instructions) in the contentbox.

You can customize the Special Recent Posts appearance with CSS.  It's well designed so each element has its own CSS classes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: excerpts