DMS Plugin Compatibility Check List

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi folks,

Please post the name of any plugins you've tried, whether ours or someone else's, that don't work and include a link to its source. 

Tell us what happened when you activated it.

We'll use this list to check plugins but also you'll be helping everyone else to know what doesn't work. That's the kind of thing good neighbors do!

Thanks everyone, for your cooperation.

2 people like this

101 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hello Everyone~
I had an incident where ad injection and DMS Pro tools broke my DMS site control panel on the front end. When I deactivated (had to remove the folder through web interface/FTP) I had to get rid of ad injection because it doesn't seem to play nicely with DMS. Anyone else have the same problem? Ad injection is for my client. Anyone know of a similar product that will rotate a picture or code at intervals?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, iclebjl4!  I so appreciate that plugin!  Khepri, the DMS Pro Tools plugin broke my site too.  I deactivated it and my site went back to normal.  Not sure why it did that??

Posted · Report post

i've recently experienced trouble with WordPress SEO by Yoast.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/

On the edit page to the content, under the visual editor is the wordpress seo option box. there is no longer the options. box is empty.

UPDATE:

the plugin works fine. another plugin caused the issue.

Posted · Report post

jorgevas78

I do not have any trouble at all with the WordPress SEO Plugin.

Could you tell which DMS Version and which WordPress SEO Version you are using?

What do you mean by "edit page of the content" under the visual editor? Could you explain it more clear or provide a screenshot?

Nice greetings,

Sii

UPDATE:

thanx for your feedback that the plugin works fine :)

Posted · Report post

FYI-
DMS Pro Tools interfered with cloudflare as well. I didn't even see that the CDN setting was on so FYI for many of you who want that extra boost of speed. If the CDN box is checked and you are using another CDN service like cloudflare there will be a clash that MAY prevent your DMS front end tool/admin to open.
Onward and upward.

Posted · Report post

Royal slider if inserted as shortcode into a section or widget will cause DMS to not load (spinning DMS loading wheel).

codecanyon.net/item/royalslider-touch-content-slider-for-wordpress/700256?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=Semenov

Also, Slider Pro looks incorrect when inserted as shortcode in a section. If and only if you insert SliderPro as shortcode onto a page in the wordpress page editor, then the section shows up correctly.  

http://codecanyon.net/item/slider-pro-wordpress-premium-slider-plugin/253501

Posted · Report post

Can anyone tell me whether either iLightbox or Jackbox work with Pagelines?

Jackbox for Wordpress: http://codecanyon.net/item/jackbox-responsive-lightbox-wordpress-plugin/3357551

iLightbox for Wordpress: http://codecanyon.net/item/ilightbox-revolutionary-lightbox-for-wordpress/3939523?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=hemn

I'd also love to know which of these products (if any) people prefer.

Posted · Report post

Hello,

Just reporting that the 'FireStorm Professional Real Estate Plugin' and DMS is not compatible.

I have just installed the plugin and when the mouse moves along the DMS top bar menu the menu options disappear one by one once moved across.

Within about 3 seconds the top menu options are removed and not functional.

I have the latest DMS installed....

The plugin is found @ http://wordpress.org/plugins/fs-real-estate-plugin/

Thanks,

Grunta smile.png

Posted · Report post

"404 Redirected" breaks the site.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Event Booking Pro from codecanyon doesn't allow the site to load once it is activated and setup http://iplusstd.com/item/eventBookingPro/example/eventbookingpro/

It would be an awesome plugin to use as it looks really slick but it won't work with DMS. When I setup the page and clicked on "View Page" the DMS editor came up and wouldn't load (screen tried to load over and over).

I tried the plugin author but they don't support problems with 3rd party themes. 

Site is at: http://test.gowebgomobile.com but the plugin isn't activated. I can provide admin access as it's just a test site at the moment.

Thanks

Edited by goviral

Posted · Report post

This is not exactly a wordpress plugin but it is an extension for Chrome that is causing issues.

Adblock Plus blocks out all of the DMS "Social & Local" settings within Global Options.

I've started editing (DMS customizations) in a Chrome Incognito window.  I get a lot fewer errors and incompatibilities that way for some reason.

Posted · Report post

http://wordpress.org/plugins/post-tiles/   I came across this one todays since I haven't kissed enough Karma Butt to finally get Post Pins and client wanted a tiled metro look (curse you windows 8).  When I activate it allows me to stick a shortcode into a textbox and drag where it needs to be but when you save the page it breaks the editor of DMS. in dummy speak the little dotted lines wont show up when you toggle and cant drag and drop anything. If you disable the plugin all is good....  Would like to use this for a few clients till I appease your Karma points god....

Posted · Report post

Hello,

Just reporting that the 'FireStorm Professional Real Estate Plugin' and DMS is not compatible.

I have just installed the plugin and when the mouse moves along the DMS top bar menu the menu options disappear one by one once moved across.

Within about 3 seconds the top menu options are removed and not functional.

I have the latest DMS installed....

The plugin is found @ http://wordpress.org/plugins/fs-real-estate-plugin/

Thanks,

Grunta smile.png

Hello,

Just wondering what the process from this point on is? - is pagelines going investigating this issue? - it is really holding my development up as we need this function to if the site is going to be a success...

At this point DMS is completely unusable due to the menu buttons disappearing from the page and editing of the site is an absolute fail...

Is Pagelines investigating the issue?

Thanks,

Grunta

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

We don't investigate third party plugin conflicts directly unfortunately as we're unable to adjust the core code for DMS on a per plugin basis etc. We'd advise contacting the developer of the plugin to see if they can determine the cause of the problem and if they are able to suggest a code fix etc.

If not, then the plugin author is welcome to contact us via email and we'll put them in touch with our developer team to see if between them they can resolve the issue directly or issue a integration plugin/fix etc.

Posted · Report post

grunta I have some realty websites under my belt and Firestorm does NOT play nice with DMS at all.  The best (but not cheapest) using using the ihomefinder or flexmls  paid ones. I liked firestorm and used it for a few clients but found overall I could train them to just make new posts properly and sort categories easier than the rest then let DMS flipper or anything boxes handle it... If you would like some tips I picked on on Realty sites just ask.

Posted · Report post

"404 Redirected" breaks the site.

He's referring to http://wordpress.org/plugins/404-redirected/ specifically.  I found this as well... unfortunately, it was before I checked this post for DMS compatibility.  If someone knows of a good 404 redirector that gives more options than just returning the user to the home page, please post it here.

Posted · Report post

Better iBoxes sunk like a Cookie Monster bite taken out of the hull. I had my home page humming along, then did the DMS upgrade last week. THROOSH!!! Sadly, I decided to use Better iBoxes to create my visual directory on my Home page. Yes, the look and feel of my site was meant to be visual with iBox buttons spread over a graphic background. I prefer a visual directory over the standard bla bla word only menu along the top. I started doing this kind of site directory ever since I was using Framework, maybe even with Platform. You can say I've hung in there with Pagelines for years...sorry to say I'm getting motion sickness since switching to DMS.

So my site's been dead for a week, can't seem to reach AHanson to find out WTF with iBoxes? Anyone know where to find him? His forum is inactive.

Problem--

iBoxes display text only, After the latest DMS upgrade, it stopped loading the images that loaded beautifully before. 

Wish I was still a programmer now so I could just fix the danged doodle  :growl:

Thanks for any help available to get my site back in action.

Posted · Report post

Addendum to my last compatibility posting regarding Better iBoxes––I'm very happy to report that the problem has at last been identified and the fix is very simple. For the full discussion, check the page at 'Products by Aleksander Hanson' under 'why do my Better iBox images keep disappearing?'

I turns out happily, that the plug-in is very sound. The problem of no images being loaded exists for people running older Child Themes which have broken after several recent upgrades to DMS. The following is my last entry describing the solution to the missing images problem. It wasn't an easy solution to discover but the fix is super easy––

Mystery solved...

I was about to throw the towel in after reloading all my images, turning off all other plug-ins and even attempting to edit from Firefox. I learned that editing DMS can only happen using the Chrome browser. Try as I might, Chrome consistently showed changes I made to try and revive my Better iBox images and always showed the images while Safari and Firefox continued to not load.

Then I went wandering around the Pagelines varying sites and happened on a page called Pagelines Community dashboard...

http://pagelinescomm....com/dashboard/

Therein I happened on the free download of the Pagelines Academy Child Theme. It's really late, I thought I had tried everything and I also read that DMS is about to be upgraded to 1.2. I cringed at the thought of what that would do to my already terribly broken site. But since it's been terminally smithereened anyway, I decided to activate the freebie Academy Child Theme.

Then I restarted Firefox. Voila! Next I giddily reached my cursor over to Safari, the old snail...double voila! My bloody images are working beautifully in all three browsers. Haven't the strength to restart my PC tonight but my Mac is humming happily in three browsers with the new Academy Child Theme. Holy cow. I am one happy camper and very glad that my Better iBoxes laden site design does not have to be trashed.

I only pray that all goodness prevails beyond the next DMS upgrade.

Onwards and forwards, may we all rest well and develop gorgeous sites into the New Year. Cheers!

Posted · Report post

A couple things to report:

Media Grid from Code Canyon breaks the ability to resize the width of your content when in box or full width mode for DMS. You have to deactivate, clear your browser cache, resize your content area, then pray and re-enable media grid. It works some of the time. 

Justified Image Grid does not work with Formats, but works perfectly with the regular post/content loop.

Hope this helps.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Another report:

Nacho Lightbox does not work at all with DMS, in fact, it disables media upload. 

Posted · Report post

I have had new versions of Pagelines collapse on me. It seems that if you use any plug-in with javascripting/jquery you are taking a risk.
The latest plug-in was one that worked well with pagelines frameworks but causes the header in theme templates such as Revo or Flatten.
The information is below.
Let me know if you know of another post order plug-in that won't clash. Thank you everyone.

Post Types Order

Posts Order and Post Types Objects Order using a Drag and Drop Sortable javascript capability

Version 1.6.5 | By Nsp Code | Visit plugin site

Posted · Report post

I have been having some difficulty with the Formstack plugin. The DMS editor does not work on any page or post that has a form embedded. Also, I had an embedded form in an Ubermenu that defeated the DMS editor across the website. For that it was easy to use another form. As for the pages and posts, just don't use that page as a template or attempt to make changes using the DMS editor. If the DMS editor is needed on that page, best to wait until those edits are done before embedding the form.

Once I discovered the work-arounds, I haven't had any problems. It was frustrating at first since we use Formstack extensively.

Posted · Report post

I have had new versions of Pagelines collapse on me. It seems that if you use any plug-in with javascripting/jquery you are taking a risk.
The latest plug-in was one that worked well with pagelines frameworks but causes the header in theme templates such as Revo or Flatten.
The information is below.
Let me know if you know of another post order plug-in that won't clash. Thank you everyone.

Post Types Order

Posts Order and Post Types Objects Order using a Drag and Drop Sortable javascript capability

Version 1.6.5 | By Nsp Code | Visit plugin site

I had a similar issue producing a very expanded Menu on the search results page with PTO. There are two plugins that did not conflict, on the front end but gave me the backend functionality that I was looking for. 

If you want to see the issue, I have explained in more detail in the post

Posted · Report post

Depthcharge seems to hang up DMS after the upgrade to 2.0.

I just get the Oooppss message, saying DMS is taking longer than normal to load. It just sits there and doesn't change. I go and disable DeptchCharge and all is good again.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

-J