DMS Plugin Compatibility Check List

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi folks,

Please post the name of any plugins you've tried, whether ours or someone else's, that don't work and include a link to its source. 

Tell us what happened when you activated it.

We'll use this list to check plugins but also you'll be helping everyone else to know what doesn't work. That's the kind of thing good neighbors do!

Thanks everyone, for your cooperation.

2 people like this

101 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I'm not having much success with making Badass Shortcodes work completely - at least not Accordian or Post Carousel.

With Accordion,  the "open" functionality seems to be broken where no matter which accordion tab you click on, only the top one opens.

With Post Carousel and Accordion, there's so styling control from the Dashboard > Pagelines > Global Settings > Badass Options. 

There's other issues with Post Carousel I'm still sorting.

I may be overlooking something here, however, the documentation is non-existent and extraordinarily poor for a paid plug-in.

THis plugin was updated for DMS over a month ago. Can you post a message on my forum, I'd be happy to help you out. And sorry to feel that the documentation is "extraordinarily poor for a paid plug-in." There are nearly 100 shortcodes that are automatically put onto the page with a generator. I personally don't feel a need to document what a button does, when the attributes are automatically provided for you in the generator.

Posted · Report post

http://wordpress.org/plugins/tk-shortcode-link/ is a very simple shortcode plugin (from yours truly) that works with Framework and other themes (e.g. Twenty Twelve) but not DMS. In DMS, the $content doesn't output. In other words, the link gets created but without anything between the a tags. For example:

<a href="http://www.pagelines.com/" class="tklink"></a>

Posted · Report post

THis plugin was updated for DMS over a month ago. Can you post a message on my forum, I'd be happy to help you out. And sorry to feel that the documentation is "extraordinarily poor for a paid plug-in." There are nearly 100 shortcodes that are automatically put onto the page with a generator. I personally don't feel a need to document what a button does, when the attributes are automatically provided for you in the generator.

Perhaps it was updated a month ago, but that doesn't address my issue.

Yes, your plug in is more or less self explanatory. I'm sure it makes perfect sense to you.

There are occasions, however, when something goes wonky and one looks for resources or documentation to figure out what might have gone wrong. Some of us are not quite the genius you are.

Your promo/sales site promotes - or at least eludes to - documentation, yet provides only this:

Documentation

Pastry carrot cake sweet roll chocolate muffin. Bear claw lemon drops tart sweet marzipan dragée gummi bears. Candy oat cake jelly pudding powder toffee croissant. Fruitcake wypas dessert danish pie wypas toffee.

Despite best intentions, that isn't very helpful. One expects a bit more for a paid plug-in.

For those who don't want to dig around looking for the BA support forums, they can be found herehttp://nickhaskins.co/forums/
Good luck actually posting anything.

I'm only trying to help. The more useful information you provide us, the less we have to bother you.

Kindest Regards.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If you purchase, through pagelines, the support forum is here (it's also linked, on every single one of my products in the pagelines store.)

http://forum.pagelines.com/70-products-by-nick-haskins/

If you purchase through my personal store, you get support on my forums.

So if you'd like support on your products, please post it there, and I would be happy to help. I apologize that you were confused with this.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi

I'm using NextGen Gallery V2.0.7 and I'm not having any problems with DMS v0.9.7 so far. I went through the plugin test for it too and it seems to like DMS.

I've now upgraded to Version 2.0.11 and I've begun having some issues including my background disappearing.  Going to uninstall it and see how that goes (gallery that is).

Posted · Report post

Erwan, I for one would love to see your list of must-have plugins!

Posted · Report post

"Social Login" http://www.oneall.com/

And "Wordpress Special Characters in Usernames"  works great.

Posted · Report post

Hi.

I use "Seed Pro Coming Soon" plugin (http://www.seedprod.com/) on every website.

Now I had tremendous problems to activate DMS pro -

when I updated the account with my activation key DMS was "saving" without an end.

I know there are other threads about this issue.

In my case I found that if the coming soon plugin is on, DMS PRo can not be activated.

When Seed Pro is deactivated, then DMS activation works.

UPDATE (september 7):

I told the developer of Seep Prod about this issue,

he found the problem and fixed it !

Today Version 3.12.0 was released and it works fine on DMS!

Thank you John / SeedProd 

Posted · Report post

Hi.

I use "Seed Pro Coming Soon" plugin (http://www.seedprod.com/) on every website.

Now I had tremendous problems to activate DMS pro -

when I updated the account with my activation key DMS was "saving" without an end.

I know there are other threads about this issue.

In my case I found that if the coming soon plugin is on, DMS PRo can not be activated.

When Seed Pro is deactivated, then DMS activation works.

+++++1111111

Major issues here myself. This plugin must be FULLY deactivated.

Posted · Report post

Jetpack forms won't work with DMS.

Posted · Report post

Ultimate Coming Soon plugin works fine.

Posted · Report post

Did anybody figure out the revolution slider issue? I tried doing the fix that Rob Thomas"] and @[member="mobilenow mentioned but it's still not showing up. The entire page will not load but if I place another widget in the custom sidebar, it shows up. Right now the site is on my MAMP local server.

Posted · Report post

I've used it on multiple sites with no issues.

What issues did you have jfreemom ? Sorry, I'm not on here much due to my job.

Posted · Report post

It seems Infinite Scroll does not work with DMS at this time. It is possible it does work and I am missing something though. Anyone that has it working I would love to hear how you manged it.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/infinite-scroll/

Posted · Report post

I have discovered that Shareaholic conflicts with some PL sections. What happens is that when you add a section it just doesn't save. This just happened to me with QuickSlider. Disabling it makes it so the section saves, then when done editing you can reactivate Shareaholic and they will work together. But it means remembering to disable it whenever you need to make changes with certain sections. Last week it happened with two. One was a beta section and I've notified that developer. The other was the iBox..But just know if you can't save and you have Shareaholic installed try disabling it. I think it's some kind of jQuery conflict/error.

Posted · Report post

I reported an issue about "SeedProd coming soon" a while ago...

UPDATE:
Told the developer of SeepProd about this issue,

he tested with DMS, found the problem and fixed it.

Today Version 3.12.0 was released and it works fine on DMS! :)

Thank you John / SeedProd 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

sheilahoff I have also found this problem, I have submitted the issue to github

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

This plugin is reported as causing the visual editor to lose the upper half making the site hidden from view when editing: http://wordpress.org/plugins/revision-control/

Additionally, the plugin is reported as broken by at least one person on its source page (link above).  This is usually an indicator of problems, so if you see others reporting a plugin broken, please expect it may cause problems with your site or DMS.

Posted · Report post

"Easy Media Gallery" does NOT work with DMS

The Plugin will break the save funktion at the frontent. For example when I add a Text Box Section. The Save Icon on the bottom right is loading but it does not save.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-media-gallery/

Posted · Report post

Hi all, can someone kindly recommend a contact form plugin that's compatible with DMS?  

Posted · Report post

Hi all, can someone kindly recommend a contact form plugin that's compatible with DMS?  

Contact Form 7 is free, and it works with DMS.