DMS Plugin Compatibility Check List

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi folks,

Please post the name of any plugins you've tried, whether ours or someone else's, that don't work and include a link to its source. 

Tell us what happened when you activated it.

We'll use this list to check plugins but also you'll be helping everyone else to know what doesn't work. That's the kind of thing good neighbors do!

Thanks everyone, for your cooperation.

2 people like this

101 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Rob

The NextGen Gallery Plugin to version 2.0 don´t work fine on DMS, for example the upload image page of this plugin turn white, the same in Framework 2.4. with WP 3.6 and 3.5.2

In the mean time the solution is downgrade to the version 1.9.13

Here si the link to do this

http://www.<span st...back-a-version/

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks Batman!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Photocrati released 2.07 (NextGEN Gallery) this afternoon and that fixed (at least my issues) in WP 3.6 and Pagelines 2.4. However, you can't just update the plugin through the dashboard. You have to follow the directions at http://wordpress.org/support/topic/do-not-uninstalldelete-nextgen-if-you-are-having-issues.

You will have to FTP the update onto the server.

Posted · Report post

Shortcodes Ultimate conflicts with the CSS Less editor and while you can open it, it doesn't allow you to add any custom code.  

I swapped with the "Wordpress Shortcodes" and it works with zero conflicts.  I know there is supposed to be some free plugins (including shortcodes plugin) on the Pagelines store that is compatible with DMS...can't wait for that!

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

Not sure if you'll be able to do anything about it but I use this plugin quite alot on a site I am converting:

Responsive Flipbook

http://codecanyon.net/item/responsive-flip-book-wordpress-plugin/2372863?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=mpc

It's great for responsive books that work on touch screens.  It's built on jQuery though and doesn't like DMS at all!

Stops the Custom CSS/LESS saving on the Visual Editor, although this is the only DMS issue I have found with it activated.  However, the books don't render at all.

On Chrome, the book never loads and each page of the book is added as an image in a long list down the page.

On FireFox the book tries to load but it flashes from the small version to the bigversion of the 1st page back and forth indefinately.

Would love it if you could figure it out, but don't expext you guys to be working on compatibility of every plugin someone mentions.  I can however give you a copy to work with if you'd like?

Cheers

Stuart

Posted · Report post

Crayon Syntax Highlighter

When enabled it prevents things like the NavBar & MediaBox from saving. I am not sure what the actual issue is.

Posted · Report post

I'm adding the PageLines Section plugin to this list. It is NOT to be used in DMS. It's known to cause major issues with DMS child themes, and their style.less files not loading. DO NOT use this on DMS.

Posted · Report post

The Slider Revolution plug-in from CodeCanyon works. While you can put the code on a page or loop, I've found the most effective way to implement it in DMS is to enable it in the Widget area, e.g. under Full Width Sidebar, drag and drop a new section on to your page, and then drag and drop the Widgetizer on to the section, then set it to Full Width Sidebar. Then you have a drag and drop version of Slider Revolution available in DMS. 

Widgetizer rocks. 

One word of caution: once you have implemented the section, grabbing it (e.g. to move it) while testing (e.g. pushing one of the slider buttons) in the Visual Editor can result in crazy shenanigans. This happened by accident (while testing) and I just refreshed out without saving. 

Posted · Report post

I'm having trouble getting ANY pdf viewer (including Bad Ass Shortcodes) to work in iOS and DMS. Any indication as to what might be the confict?

Posted · Report post

Accordy Slider is not functioning properly. 

2 out of 10 slides available. I have contacted the plugins developer and am confident that he will push an update for the plugin once Pagelines allows access. If anyone has estimates on when that will happen it would be helpful thanks.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Rob Thomas, I'm not seeing the full width sidebar widget under my widgets. Is this a section that must be purchased? I'm having alot of problems getting the revolution slider setup. The height of the area when set to full width in the revolution settings is enormous and not sizing to what I have in the settings box.

Edited by jfreemom

Posted · Report post

Hi there

The NextGEN Gallery Version 2.0.7 works fine at DMS with WP 3.6 (so it seems)

;)

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The plugin "Page Links To" brakes DMS.

When "Page Links To" plugin is activated, and I have redirected at least one Post using the plugin's feature, the DMS' modular drag and drop system no longer works.  Instead, all I see is the vertical text of the DMS modular titles.

Thank you all for the amazing help and support in this forum.

Posted · Report post

This is not exactly a wordpress plugin but it is an extension for Chrome that is causing issues.

Adblock Plus blocks out all of the DMS "Social & Local" settings within Global Options.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Rob Thomas, I'm not seeing the full width sidebar widget under my widgets. Is this a section that must be purchased? I'm having alot of problems getting the revolution slider setup. The height of the area when set to full width in the revolution settings is enormous and not sizing to what I have in the settings box.

jfreemom, did you ever figure out the answer to your question? If not, here's some more info regarding what Rob Thomas was saying. 

The easiest way to use the rev slider is to add it as a widget. What Rob was describing is that you would add a single column section to the site, and then add the widgetizer section to that single column section. This will create a widget area that spans the width of the page. You would then create a sidebar specifically for that widget section (you must have the custom sidebars plug-in installed to be able to do this). Rob called it a full-width sidebar, which is a great description of what it is, but you could call it anything that you wanted. Once you've created the sidebar, you would add rev slider to it in the appearance/widget area, and then you simply select that sidebar from the drop-down menu in the widgetizer admin. If you don't see your new sidebar in the drop-down, do a hard refresh. Most times DMS won't pick up changes in the appearance area until after it refreshes. Hope this helps :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi,

The well known and great (IMO) Ajax Event Calendar 1.0.4 plugin (Last Updated: 2013-8-13 - Downloads: 198,442),

--> which still conflicts with Framework v.2.4.4 (users experiencing unbearable grief and complaining since > 1 year, resulting in quite a few posts & headaches & discussions in Live Plus Chat),

--> seems to work perfectly with DMS as far as I'm aware... :)

Example of problem solved: http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/21496-clash-between-pagelines-ajax-event-calendar-plugin/

Hope you don't mind I mention it here  :D. Or should I open a topic "Hey there, here's a list of must-have plugins which should encourage you to swith from Framework to DMS or try DMS if you come from another galaxy"? 

Regards.

EDIT: Works fine... but breaks some of the frontend visual editor tools, such as deleting a section.

Edited by Erwan
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Background-Manager (http://wordpress.org/plugins/background-manager/) does work but only with a workaround. If you choose Boxed Display in Layout & Nav in DMS settings you won't be able to see the backgrounds from BG-Manager. They are obscured by a non transparant 'body .site-wrap'.

Add the following custom-code and you're fine. 

body .site-wrap {
background:transparent;
}

It can be that I'm missing a way to do this from the editor but I couldn't find transparency settings in the color picker.

Thanks,

Jan

Posted · Report post

mobilenow Thanks, I hadn't heard anything but I did go ahead and implement it with the directions you gave me. I'm still having some issues though like the size will not size properly when set to "Fullscreen" in the Rev Slider. And the Rev Slider is not showing the transparency. It shows as a white box, so DMS is not reading the transparent pixels. I also noticed this with one of the DMS sections, transparency was supported on a couple of them...can't remember off the top of my head. But if you can help me with the Rev Slider full width issue that would be great. It kind of has me stuck. I've played with the grid settings and all and still can not get it display properly in fullwidth mode.

Posted · Report post

Can anyone recommend a free forms plugin that allows custom POST action url and works in DMS?

Posted · Report post

@jfreemom: Hmmm, by default Revslider supports transparency, so if you could send a link to the site, perhaps I can help you snif out the problem. Sizing in Revslider is a bit of a bear because it's responsive and the height is dependent on the width. they recommend a 2000x800px image for it. are you using that size of image?

Posted · Report post

Looks like NextGen Gallery v2.0.7 is incompatible with DMS v0.9.7, which is a little frustrating as it had just been updated and was working again....

Posted · Report post

Hi

I'm using NextGen Gallery V2.0.7 and I'm not having any problems with DMS v0.9.7 so far. I went through the plugin test for it too and it seems to like DMS.

Posted · Report post

mobilenow I will upload those slides again so they can be viewed. I was creating the slides at the 2000px width but the height was at 480px.

Posted · Report post

Looks like NextGen Gallery v2.0.7 is incompatible with DMS v0.9.7, which is a little frustrating as it had just been updated and was working again....

Doesn't seem to be working for me either. Reverted back to 1.9.13 

Posted · Report post

I'm not having much success with making Badass Shortcodes work completely - at least not Accordian or Post Carousel.

With Accordion,  the "open" functionality seems to be broken where no matter which accordion tab you click on, only the top one opens.

With Post Carousel and Accordion, there's so styling control from the Dashboard > Pagelines > Global Settings > Badass Options. 

There's other issues with Post Carousel I'm still sorting.

I may be overlooking something here, however, the documentation is non-existent and extraordinarily poor for a paid plug-in.

1 person likes this