Photo
Accordions

Aleksander Hansson Audio-Player Section

Best Answer icecast , 09 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

I figured it out finally, but what a hassle.  It really shouldn't be that hard to provide a readme file.  If PageLines has specific instructions on where to upload a section, I would like to see it because I could not find it.  

For anyone else with the same issue:  when you buy a DMS product like a section, you download it, unzip it, open the main folder and there will be a sub-folder called sections.  In the sections folder is the plugin-in.  You need to ftp only the sections folder and plug-in to /wp-content/themes/dms/sections/ and then it will be available on the front page of your DMS website.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 icecast

icecast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

Why is it no surprise that the topic prefix has no mention of the DMS section Audio-Player?!  Especially because there is no documentation or readme file in the $19.99 plugin, on top of the fact that my previous post in Aleksander's section does not appear.

Simple question - why does the DMS audio player plugin look nothing like the demo advertised in the DMS Section store.  Are sections installed differently than plugins?  If so, I don't see any documentation in the audio-player files or PagesLines support documents. 

#2 icecast

icecast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:08 AM   Best Answer

I figured it out finally, but what a hassle.  It really shouldn't be that hard to provide a readme file.  If PageLines has specific instructions on where to upload a section, I would like to see it because I could not find it.  

For anyone else with the same issue:  when you buy a DMS product like a section, you download it, unzip it, open the main folder and there will be a sub-folder called sections.  In the sections folder is the plugin-in.  You need to ftp only the sections folder and plug-in to /wp-content/themes/dms/sections/ and then it will be available on the front page of your DMS website.

#3 Rob Thomas

Rob Thomas

• Members

• 134 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:DMS2 on Flywheel

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

Bear in mind, @icecast, that I was chewed out by the author of this plug-in for following your instructions. The "section" should be treated as a plugin and installed via the add plugin module (as a zip file) via Wordpress.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accordions