Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS stylesheet missing

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello, I just installed the latest version of Wordpress 3.6. and version 2.4.4. of the Pagelines framework just before I tried to install the free DMS to have a look on before purchase. My problem is that either way I tried to install DMS I get an error saying something like "broken theme. stylesheet is missing. themes need to have a stylesheet and a template installed". On my screen it looks this way:

Beschädigte Themes

Die folgenden Themes sind installiert, aber nicht vollständig. Themes müssen ein Stylesheet und ein Template haben.

Name Beschreibung dms Es fehlt ein Stylesheet.

Waht is the problem and how can I solve it? couldn't find a similar post.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Where did you download DMS from and how are you installing it ?

Can you also provide a screenshot of your issue, if you have your Dashboard set to German, can you disable this and put back to English if possible please, just to make it easier for us.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny and thanks for your reply.

I downloaded DMS directly from pagelines.com (Get DMS now. It´s free!) and extracted the .zip-file. I then uploaded the DMS folder to my server and got this message in themes of my Wordpress dashboard:

http://screencast.com/t/Sop74u6f8

Same happened when I was installing it through Wordpress using the .zip-file.

Posted · Report post

Okay,  unzipped, the DMS.zip file will let you save a dms folder to your desktop.

FTP into the site, then navigate to wp-content/themes and if you find a dms folder there, delete it

Once its finished, upload the dms folder from your desktop to wp-content/themes.  When it's finished, you should have wp-content/themes/dms

Browse to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.  Activate DMS.  It should be there awaiting activation.

Posted · Report post

Hi Rob,

All that´s what I´ve done. I uploaded the DMS folder that I got from the zip file via FTP and got the information in my screenshot. Then deleted the folder and tried installation using the zip flie via dashboard > appearance > themes. Same happened. I tried it several times.

Posted · Report post

Can you take a screenshot of your FTP client, showing us your dms folder please.

As I am unable to recreate your issue.

Posted · Report post

The style.css file is there? Not sure what the issue is, maybe an issue with your installation. I would recommend installing DMS again. If the issue persists, download a free copy from PageLines.com and try again.

Also can you take a screenshot of your themes directory please.

Posted · Report post

Hello,

I had the same problem. I solved it on my own. It's a temporary fix since I don't know what will happen if I were to update DMS etc..

Here was my email to DMS Support:

I did some troubleshooting on my own. It seems the problem is solved by adding the line below to Custom Scripts (header html):

<link rel='stylesheet' id='pagelines-draft-css'  href='http://example.com/hello-world?pagedraft=1' type='text/css' media='all' />

But that does not work for some reason, Chrome displays the CSS code but Firefox displays the Hello World page. So I copied the CSS code from Chrome and created a new .css file called "hello-world.css" and uploaded that to my webserver. Then I linked to it instead of /hello-world?pagedraft=1, resulting in the code below that solves the problem.
<link rel='stylesheet' id='pagelines-draft-css'  href='http://example.com/hello-world.css' type='text/css' media='all' />

I still don't know why the problem exists, but I found a workaround temporary solution. Please advise on how to solve this problem correctly.

Hope this works for you as it did for me. DMS was useless until I found this fix..

Posted · Report post

Hello everybody,

taking the screenshot of my themes folder I stepped on the problem. I uploaded the DMS folder as root not as the user of the website. So now I deleted the folder as root and logged in as user to upload the DMS file again. Now the "DMS theme" appears in my dashboard. Issue solved. Thanks a lot guys.