Photo
- - - - -

Platform Pro - Header is gone and I can't get it back

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 yamcllc

yamcllc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:27 AM

I was having a problem removing the default header image - I just wanted the blog title in the header. I would click the remove button to get rid of the Pagelines header image and every time I saved something in the admin area it would put the default image back. Then I tried removing the branding "widget" from the header template and that resulted in the whole header -navigation and all-disappearing. Now no matter what I do I can't get the header to come back. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the theme to get it to go back to defaults but that hasn't worked. The blog is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:32 AM

I'm assuming in the actual settings you put everything back, like you put the branding widget back into place? At the bottom of the theme options is there a button to reset your theme options? Thanks, Bryan

#3 yamcllc

yamcllc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for helping Bryan. Yes - I did all that.

#4 yamcllc

yamcllc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

I went to the database and deleted all of the records for PlatformPro and Pagelines and then re-installed the theme and managed to get the header back. It seems that the application is not properly updating the database. For instance if I remove Custom Logo from the Global Options and then save (using the Save Options) - it just puts it back. I went directly to the database and edited the pagelines_custom_logo record in the wp_options table directly and got rid of it that way. I tested trying to put it back via the interface but it won't save the setting back to the database. Finally one other unusual thing I noticed is that when I installed PlatformPro the directory it created in Themes was named 'platformpro' (all lower case). I then installed the PlatformBase child theme and WP said it couldn't find the parent theme. I looked in the PlatformBase style.css and it was looking for the parent theme directory as 'PlatformPro'. So I changed the directory name from 'platformpro' to 'PlatformPro' and WP was happy with the child theme. Even more curious is that after I did that the PlatformPro theme at first couldn't find the custom logo (because it was looking in '/themes/platformpro')but after one save it correct the url to reflect the new directory - and I wasn't even changing that option. So it can save to the database but form some reason using the PlatformPro user interface cannot save.

#5 joshkerrgmailcom

joshkerrgmailcom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

I had the same issue. Needed to clear the value in the wp_options table to get it to stick.

#6 yamcllc

yamcllc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

I got a couple of things to save and stick so I made the mistake of trying to drag and drop a section into the Site Header Template and my header disappeared again. This is very annoying. Now I have to clear out the wp_otpions again and re-install.

#7 jinjinders

jinjinders

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:05 AM

I had the same problem. Not being able to use the drag and drop defeats the purpose of having Platformpro in the first place. Hoping this gets fixed soon...

#8 4252gb

4252gb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:13 AM

I also lost my Header section. I tried to drag and drop the header section and saved. After that I don't have a header anymore? Please fix and update the files so we can download it again or tell me how to fix this.

I like it otherwise. Thanks so much!

#9 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:25 PM

Hey everyone. Is this problem temporarily fixed for everyone when the wp_options table is reset? and is this only happening with the header template area?

#10 tai5starweddingdirectorycom

tai5starweddingdirectorycom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

It looks like it happens all over. as per my last post

#11 yamcllc

yamcllc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:42 PM

I have discovered more about where the problem is coming from:

When you drag and drop a section into a template a record gets created in wp_options called pagelines_template_map. Deleting that record will return the theme to its original state.

Dragging any section onto a template will make that part of your website disappear. For example if I drag and drop something into the Page Content Area then that part will disappear. If I then delete the pagelines_template_map from the database then I get the default template back again and that part of my website appears again.

Here is what winds up in the pagelines_template_map record that made my header disappear after I tried to add the breadcrumb to it:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

So right now it is impossible to use the drag and drop to change any of the templates.

#12 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

Yves, Sounds like a server configuration issue; and thanks for the run down. Can you email us some credentials to get into your site and check this out? We haven't been able to duplicate this on the PageLines testing servers.

#13 yamcllc

yamcllc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:35 PM

Hello Andrew, I have a test site I can give you credentials for - where do I email it to? My other themes and plug-ins work fine and there are other people having this issue so I am not sure what server configuration could be wrong but in any case I can give you access. Also - this is on a GoDaddy Linux hosting so you could set up a site there and reproduce the error. I have reproduced this behavior on two GoDaddy sites.

#14 woodsysa

woodsysa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:20 PM

Hi guys Me too....just started to go through the settings. At global options I had a header and navigation - go into template setup for header and it's gone! Seems to be a common issue. I'm trying to launch a new site so hoping for an early fix. Bit disappointing so early in the theme set up - not getting past the header ;o(

#15 woodsysa

woodsysa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:58 PM

I have deleted the theme and added another then reinstated the theme again and still no header - the drag and drop SELL of this theme is looking like a mockery already on day 1. I could cry! Installing the child theme breaks the site - used upload zip file, so can't use child theme and I can't see my website at all due to the header and navigation being missing. I broke the bank to pay for this and am disappointed to say the least. There are clearly others in the same boat. I want to use this theme exclusively for all my clients but right now I want a refund. I worked through the welcome page, global options and at stage 3 I'm nothing but angry! Please look into this or tell me where to email login details to my site as I need this site live asap next week and get past the header!!!! The drag and drop clearly does not work - so what's the point? As Yves said earlier "Dragging any section onto a template will make that part of your website disappear." & "So right now it is impossible to use the drag and drop to change any of the templates."....But this is what this whole theme is about?!

#16 yamcllc

yamcllc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:01 AM

Well I figured out how to make it work. I gave the web user 'write' rights on all platformpro and platformbase directories. That is probably overkill so maybe someone at pagelines can tell us exactly which directories need to have write permissions for the web user and can add that to the installation instructions. I haven't fully tested but I was able to drag and drop onto the header without it disappearing and it did add in the new section. @S W - If you change the name of the platformpro directory to PlatformPro that will fix the issue with the child theme being broken and if you want to get your web site back click the "Restore Options to Default" button at the bottom of the Template Setup form. I still can't get rid of the Pagelines Logo via the Global Options form unless I replace it with something else or delete it directly from the database if I just want my blog title to show up there. I can live with that but Pageline should fix it.

#17 pagelines704

pagelines704

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:51 AM

I think I'm heaving this issue too. I deleted the Content section to just see what it does and now can't get it back.

#18 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:33 AM

You can always reset template sections (underneath the template builder if you're having problems..

@Yves You're right the logo thing is a bug... already fixed and patch (1.09) is coming tomorrow.

So changing the folder permissions fixed the problem you were having?

Also, email your info to hello@pagelines.com .. and you may want to make it so I can duplicate the problem (if you've fixed it)

Just so you guys know, we're going to fix all these issues asap.

When developing these things it is extremely difficult to test for all possible server configurations and setups (e.g. file/folder permissions)...