#22 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

No amount of +1ing will change the fact that the editor is NOT a window, it is a div, you cant float a page div off the page and have it in a seperate browser window , it would have to be a completely new page.

Its beyond the scope of jquery at this time unless google add some new method into chromium.

• batman and GetMeWebDesign like this

#23 MikeG

MikeG

• Members

• 12 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS2

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

Hmmm but surely regardless of if you can see the benefit, if lots of your customers can, then it could be considered???

Personally I'd use this too as I also use 2 screens :)

I don't really see what the benefit would be to having the DMS Toolbar/toolbox being able to detach. I use Chromes Web Dev tools all the time and I have to say, I hate it when its detached, I can't use it.

The only way this imo, would be cool is if you had two monitors, apart from that not really sure of the benefit.

#24 MikeG

MikeG

• Members

• 12 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS2

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

Ahhhh okay.

No way to make a link for the editor that opens in a new window either? I guess this wouldn't work technically or something?

Ahhh well... time for that 27" monitor I've been promising myself :D

No amount of +1ing will change the fact that the editor is NOT a window, it is a div, you cant float a page div off the page and have it in a seperate browser window , it would have to be a completely new page.

Its beyond the scope of jquery at this time unless google add some new method into chromium.