Detach DMS Editor

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi, I'd love to have the possibility to detach the DMS editor from the main window so that I can use the full browser window screen estate to design the website and use the editor on another screen. Hopefully this can be implemented. Thanks.

Jan

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

+1

Posted · Report post

I totally agree. That was the first thing I noticed when using the editor. Really frustrating having it attached when trying to design. It would be a huge help to have it detachable.

Posted · Report post

+1

Posted · Report post

+1,111,111,111

Posted · Report post

+1

Posted · Report post

Moving this to Ideas and Feedback.

Posted · Report post

+1

Posted · Report post

+1

Posted · Report post

We asked for this 4 months ago before DMS was even released, and were told that it was pretty much impossible. Just FYI.

Posted · Report post

I don't really see what the benefit would be to having the DMS Toolbar/toolbox being able to detach. I use Chromes Web Dev tools all the time and I have to say, I hate it when its detached, I can't use it.

The only way this imo, would be cool is if you had two monitors, apart from that not really sure of the benefit.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

That's exactly the benefit. Being able to use two monitors and have a full view of your site.

Posted · Report post

I use Chrome dev tools all the time, detached. I can't stand it attached, there's virtually no screen.

Posted · Report post

Probably just comes down to whatever floats your boat, having the ability to detach is good for user choose. However, I will never use it, I can't even use Chromes dev tools detached, I turn into a retard whenever I try it.

Posted · Report post

...and were told that it was pretty much impossible.

And you smoke that?

Posted · Report post

That's exactly the benefit. Being able to use two monitors and have a full view of your site.

+1 on this

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well... a detachable bar would be very helpful, but I would be content also if you could move the bar vertically on right, even if in the same window.

Edited by umb.isc
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

+1  Would be nice to have the option to detach as I also use two monitors...

Posted · Report post

I would love to be able to move the bar to a second screen. I also like the idea of having a user option to set the bar as either a horizontal or vertical. I would much prefer to have the bar vertical on the left, the way I do while using other toolbar intensive software like Photoshop and Painter.

Posted · Report post

wren +1 Like the idea of a vertical rather than horizontal

-1 for the detachable though

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

No amount of +1ing will change the fact that the editor is NOT a window, it is a div, you cant float a page div off the page and have it in a seperate browser window , it would have to be a completely new page.

Its beyond the scope of jquery at this time unless google add some new method into chromium.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hmmm but surely regardless of if you can see the benefit, if lots of your customers can, then it could be considered???

Personally I'd use this too as I also use 2 screens :)

I don't really see what the benefit would be to having the DMS Toolbar/toolbox being able to detach. I use Chromes Web Dev tools all the time and I have to say, I hate it when its detached, I can't use it.

The only way this imo, would be cool is if you had two monitors, apart from that not really sure of the benefit.

Posted · Report post

Ahhhh okay.

No way to make a link for the editor that opens in a new window either? I guess this wouldn't work technically or something?

Ahhh well... time for that 27" monitor I've been promising myself :D

No amount of +1ing will change the fact that the editor is NOT a window, it is a div, you cant float a page div off the page and have it in a seperate browser window , it would have to be a completely new page.

Its beyond the scope of jquery at this time unless google add some new method into chromium.