Photo
- - - - -

Platform Pro Base Theme

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 scottbruzek

scottbruzek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:59 AM

After testing the Platform free version, I purchased Platform Pro and am very happy so far. I am trying to setup the Base theme and am having trouble with the install.

I have installed Base by FTP upload and (after uninstalling via FTP) an upload within the WP themes panel. Both times, it is showing that the theme is broken, and the parent theme is missing. The Platform Pro parent theme is installed and working. Please assist. Thank you!

Name Description
PlatformBase The parent theme is missing. Please install the "PlatformPro" parent theme.

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:21 AM

I myself haven't got it setup just yet so please hold tight for developer help in the morning. Please bump your topic. Thanks, Bryan

#3 george

george

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:00 AM

I'm unfortunately having the same problem. I installed PlatformPro, and actually renamed the PlatformBase folder (I plan to create multiple themes for multi-site mode) to my new theme name and renamed everything in the style.css file. I did not touch the: Template: PlatformPro /* ======================= */ /* = Get PlatformPro CSS = */ /* ======================= */ The child theme is not recognized reporting from the Dashboard -> Appearance: Broken Themes The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template. Gaboink.com Base - The parent theme is missing. Please install the "PlatformPro" parent theme. Any ideas where I'm being a box of rocks? Thanks guys.

#4 traviswestofthefivecom

traviswestofthefivecom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:54 AM

I bought the Developer Version of Platform Pro and have tried to install it on my main site... It crashed the Blog. I am using iBlogPro at the moment. Had to uninstall the PlatformPro theme to get everything working again. I tried to install it on a test blog... crashed it again with this same error message: Fatal error: Call to undefined function register_nav_menus() in /home1/thesuper/public_html/therichandtherest/wp-content/themes/platformpro-v1.0.8/sections/nav/section.nav.php on line 36 Any idea why this is happening? Thanks.

#5 mat2009

mat2009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:13 AM

Hi, I have the same problem : the Platform pro theme works fine, but the Base theme is broken... Please help !

#6 paolo

paolo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:23 AM

Hi,

The problem is that the theme folder is called "platformpro" and the Base theme looks for "PlatformPro".

If it is hosted on unix boxes, capitals and small letters are not the same.

Just look at style.css in the Base theme folder, and fix it by writing "platformpro" in these lines:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#7 george

george

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:33 AM

@Paolo, That fixed it for me! Off to the races, and thx for clearing the rocks in my box man!

#8 mat2009

mat2009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:52 AM

it works now, thank you very much Paolo.

#9 scottbruzek

scottbruzek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:52 PM

I've made the change Paolo suggested, and it is still coming up Broken.

My code is as follows:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I am running on a Linux server.

#10 gnome

gnome

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

The PHP error message aka The White Screen of Death is the clue to making the fix work. What I did: 1. Deleted the child theme. 2. Switched to another theme (I used 2010, but it doesn't matter) and exited my site. 3. Made the fixes locally -- changed all link references to lowercase platformpro. 4. FTPed up the now fixed Base. 5. Activated first Pro, and then Base. 6. All better! Reason: I've done quite a lot of PHP coding; server processes can really get messed by a bogus call or two. That's why I cleaned up everything in all those steps to make sure there was nothing bogus lurking. A little convoluted, but I take no PHP chances. BTW, for others who are reading this thread. Make sure you're using a TEXT editor. It's not PHP you're editing, but I've seen CSS get messed up pretty badly when saved as a (gak) RTF. %%robert

#11 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:10 AM

The Base Customization theme will not work unless Platform is installed. Platform is the name for the framework and is necessary for the Base child theme to run. (yes Base looks the same as PLatform, it was intended for customizations so that you will not get over written when we update the framework)

#12 scottbruzek

scottbruzek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:41 AM

@Paolo and Robert Phillips I changed the css references to lowercase, followed the steps to remove and reinstall... and no success. After the frustration, I simply changed the main Platform Pro theme folder name to "PlatformPro"(instead of "platformpro") to meet the case-sensitive needs of Base. Finally, this worked.

#13 marceloo

marceloo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:30 PM

I'm having the same problem. I've tried Paolo's suggestion, but the theme is still broken.

#14 gnome

gnome

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

Good workaround, Scott. Easier than mine. Not the first time that's happened :D .

#15 [Deleted User]

[Deleted User]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:22 PM

The user and all related content has been deleted.

#16 scottbruzek

scottbruzek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

I don't know why I didn't think of this solution sooner. @Marcelo, try changing the main theme folder to "PlatformPro" as I did. This should correct your problem.

#17 marceloo

marceloo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:56 PM

Now I changed the platformpro folder to PlatformPro and solved! Thanks Scott! I don't know why the the previous workaround (Paolo's suggestion to edit style.css) didn't work in my installation.

#18 woodsysa

woodsysa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:50 AM

....the point is - we should not need to change anything!! The child theme upload with pro insitu breaks the site. - Pagelines NEED TO FIX THIS AND ADMIT THE ERROR. END OF.

#19 woodsysa

woodsysa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:54 AM

Fixing this issue will still not solve your problems as the drag and drop does not work for the MANY who have posted and the many more who buy this theme and find out the same. 3am in the morning, I'm angry as hell, disappointed and just want a refund and will leave you to it. What angers me more is the response on the forum from Andrew Powers. No admission to the child theme and drag and drop mess. That's what's got my back up most.

#20 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:43 AM

By the way, Drag-and-drop does not work for me either. I cannot believe such basic features are not tested before sending the product to the market.