Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Platform Pro Base Theme

Question

Posted · Report post

After testing the Platform free version, I purchased Platform Pro and am very happy so far. I am trying to setup the Base theme and am having trouble with the install. I have installed Base by FTP upload and (after uninstalling via FTP) an upload within the WP themes panel. Both times, it is showing that the theme is broken, and the parent theme is missing. The Platform Pro parent theme is installed and working. Please assist. Thank you! Message:

Name Description PlatformBase The parent theme is missing. Please install the "PlatformPro" parent theme.

29 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

@Paolo and Robert Phillips I changed the css references to lowercase, followed the steps to remove and reinstall... and no success. After the frustration, I simply changed the main Platform Pro theme folder name to "PlatformPro"(instead of "platformpro") to meet the case-sensitive needs of Base. Finally, this worked.

Posted · Report post

I'm having the same problem. I've tried Paolo's suggestion, but the theme is still broken.

Posted · Report post

Good workaround, Scott. Easier than mine. Not the first time that's happened :D .

Posted · Report post

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Posted · Report post

I don't know why I didn't think of this solution sooner. @Marcelo, try changing the main theme folder to "PlatformPro" as I did. This should correct your problem.

Posted · Report post

Now I changed the platformpro folder to PlatformPro and solved! Thanks Scott! I don't know why the the previous workaround (Paolo's suggestion to edit style.css) didn't work in my installation.

Posted · Report post

The issue was solved with the release of 1.0.9, and 1.1.0 has been fine since. What I had to do is delete BOTH PlatformPro and Base, then reinstall PPro, then Base. If you have customization data you need to save, perform a backup from the bottom of the PlatformPro Settings page, then import them in after reinstalling 1.1.0.

Posted · Report post

....the point is - we should not need to change anything!! The child theme upload with pro insitu breaks the site. - Pagelines NEED TO FIX THIS AND ADMIT THE ERROR. END OF.

Posted · Report post

Fixing this issue will still not solve your problems as the drag and drop does not work for the MANY who have posted and the many more who buy this theme and find out the same. 3am in the morning, I'm angry as hell, disappointed and just want a refund and will leave you to it. What angers me more is the response on the forum from Andrew Powers. No admission to the child theme and drag and drop mess. That's what's got my back up most.

Posted · Report post

By the way, Drag-and-drop does not work for me either. I cannot believe such basic features are not tested before sending the product to the market.

Posted · Report post

I'm going to go ahead and mark this resolved even though we only have a workaround. Pagelines needs to get this permanently fixed in its next update (as well as the drag and drop issues).

Posted · Report post

Wow . . . Paolo Belcastro . . . you are the hero for figuring this dilema out about the caps&lowercase in the css file. Thank you. Seems like lot's of ranting against PageLines in the forum all of the sudden. Their themes are a step above others, that's why we jumped for Platform. Mistakes happen. In the case of new releases, often little fixes and tweaks are needed. They'll get there.

Posted · Report post

The themes are great, I have to admit. I think Platform Pro is the best framework made for Wp up to now, if it works properly. The problem is that you expect the developer of such a sophisticated theme to check very basic things like the folders' names in the CSS file! The other thing is to market such a Framework you need to prepare a very comprehensive instructional material to explain what different sections of the theme are and how they work. Fortunately in the age of PDF files and YouTube and other video-sharing websites this should be easy. After buying the theme one should find a PDF in the package to get explanation about for example what Shoebox is and how to use it. The instructions should be also easily found in the website. Otherwise you have what we see here: A bunch of first-week buyers trying to find answers to their basic questions about the theme when the Pagelines people are practically absent. I think Pagelines should have paid more attention to the quality control before releasing this theme. It is a great theme but it clearly has several bugs and issues. Also they should have prepared a bunch of videos and instructional material in advance to make the life easier for the buyers and themselves.

Posted · Report post

each suggested solution has had unintended consequences. Marking this issue as "solved" is odd.

Posted · Report post

Still the same problem - white screen. Any suggestions? Thank You!

Posted · Report post

Ok, guys you're right... sorry about this issue. Remember we just launched on Friday! The deployment of the themes from our server is changing the name from PlatformPro to platformpro and this is something we couldn't test until the product was live. Anyway, we will fix but this is the issue. You're right in Base, the css file is looking for "PlatformPro" we will change things to make it more intuitive tomorrow.

Posted · Report post

I myself haven't got it setup just yet so please hold tight for developer help in the morning. Please bump your topic. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

It's been a week now. This is still an issue. Please advise.

Posted · Report post

I'm unfortunately having the same problem. I installed PlatformPro, and actually renamed the PlatformBase folder (I plan to create multiple themes for multi-site mode) to my new theme name and renamed everything in the style.css file. I did not touch the: Template: PlatformPro /* ======================= */ /* = Get PlatformPro CSS = */ /* ======================= */ The child theme is not recognized reporting from the Dashboard -> Appearance: Broken Themes The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template. Gaboink.com Base - The parent theme is missing. Please install the "PlatformPro" parent theme. Any ideas where I'm being a box of rocks? Thanks guys.

Posted · Report post

I bought the Developer Version of Platform Pro and have tried to install it on my main site... It crashed the Blog. I am using iBlogPro at the moment. Had to uninstall the PlatformPro theme to get everything working again. I tried to install it on a test blog... crashed it again with this same error message: Fatal error: Call to undefined function register_nav_menus() in /home1/thesuper/public_html/therichandtherest/wp-content/themes/platformpro-v1.0.8/sections/nav/section.nav.php on line 36 Any idea why this is happening? Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Hi, I have the same problem : the Platform pro theme works fine, but the Base theme is broken... Please help !

Posted · Report post

Hi, The problem is that the theme folder is called "platformpro" and the Base theme looks for "PlatformPro". If it is hosted on unix boxes, capitals and small letters are not the same. Just look at style.css in the Base theme folder, and fix it by writing "platformpro" in these lines:

Template: platformpro

/* ======================= */
	/* = Get pltformpro CSS = */

/* Get Core CSS */
		@import url('../platformpro/core/css/core.css');

/* Get Dynamic CSS */
		@import url('../platformpro/core/css/dynamic.css');

/* Get Theme-Parent CSS */
		@import url('../platformpro/css/theme.css');

Posted · Report post

@Paolo, That fixed it for me! Off to the races, and thx for clearing the rocks in my box man!

Posted · Report post

it works now, thank you very much Paolo.

Posted · Report post

I've made the change Paolo suggested, and it is still coming up Broken. My code is as follows:

Template: PlatformPro

/* = Get PlatformPro CSS = */

/* Get Core CSS */
		@import url('../platformpro/core/css/core.css');

/* Get Dynamic CSS */
		@import url('..platformpro/core/css/dynamic.css');

/* Get Theme-Parent CSS */
		@import url('../platformpro/css/theme.css');

I am running on a Linux server.