Photo
PageLess

Page{Less} Necessity Question

Pageless DMS Purchase

Best Answer Evan Mattson , 07 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

Hi @allenresha,

You're doing it right! It does not simply duplicate the editor already within DMS, although I can see how one might see that by experience.

In a nutshell, PageLESS lets you add custom LESS/CSS to any individual post/page/archive/404, etc.  The difference between PageLESS and the "stock" Custom LESS input that comes with DMS is that the core Custom LESS is GLOBAL - that is it loads the same code on every page.  PageLESS styles are only loaded on the page on which they are set on.

My apologies if you misunderstood the capabilities of the plugin.  Sorry if you made this purchase expecting something like firebug-like integration (that would be cool).  If you would please show me where you read/saw/heard that it did something like that, I would really like to know so that I can change that information to be more clear.

Thanks for YOUR support!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 allenresha

allenresha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

I just purchased the plugin.  I feel that it just duplicates the editor already within DMS.  I thought the plugin was going to have a firebug/developer mode type setting that allowed for ease of selecting different elements of the site/page and allow for quick coding.  Let me know if I am doing this wrong.

(Starting Point) Frontend of website.

Click Custom Code in DMS Toolbar

Click PageLess

(Thanks in advance for help/support.)

#2 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 233 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI
  • Framework Version:latest stable & beta releases

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:01 AM   Best Answer

Hi @allenresha,

You're doing it right! It does not simply duplicate the editor already within DMS, although I can see how one might see that by experience.

In a nutshell, PageLESS lets you add custom LESS/CSS to any individual post/page/archive/404, etc.  The difference between PageLESS and the "stock" Custom LESS input that comes with DMS is that the core Custom LESS is GLOBAL - that is it loads the same code on every page.  PageLESS styles are only loaded on the page on which they are set on.

My apologies if you misunderstood the capabilities of the plugin.  Sorry if you made this purchase expecting something like firebug-like integration (that would be cool).  If you would please show me where you read/saw/heard that it did something like that, I would really like to know so that I can change that information to be more clear.

Thanks for YOUR support!

• allenresha likes this

#3 allenresha

allenresha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:05 AM

It was my own interpretation. Late night...lots of work. So that I understand the use for individual pages/posts/etc., if I am on a page/post/etc. then the changes made take affect on that page?

#4 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 233 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI
  • Framework Version:latest stable & beta releases

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

Cool, yeah that code is only loaded on that page (in addition to whatever else you have going on), but it's loaded last, so given the same specificity rules in PageLESS will take precedence.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PageLess, Pageless, DMS, Purchase