Photo
- - - - -

Help! Issue upgrading to DMS!

compatibility upgrade

Best Answer pagelineswebdesign_kz , 07 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

Thank you soooo much, this was excellent support - well guided and worked perfectly!!  Many thanks, and much appreciated especially when you're in a state of stress and confusion. thanks

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pagelineswebdesign_kz

pagelineswebdesign_kz

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

Hi

Yesterday I updated content on my website (www.aciucn.org.au) using Wordpress, for a relatively important press release to go out today. After I finished, I clicked on the button in wordpress that said to upgrade to the new version of pagelines 2.7.3. When I did this, my website suddenly went completely blank and said that the pagelines theme is installed but "incomplete, with the stylesheet missing".   I have no idea what this means, and so to try and fix the problem, I then downloaded the latest DMS plugin, hoping that would fix my problem.  I then tried to just get my website host to revert to yesterday's backup that I made before I started, but that doesn't take me back to the old pagelines framework platform.  

SO, now I have a new system (DMS) that seems to solve the 'blank' problem of a lacking stylesheet that I had yesterday, but all of my content, which I had mostly in 'boxes', does not appear to have copied across.  Are the boxes gone?  How do I get all my content across?  Can i revert back to the old pagelines version i had before to fix this? Or can i recover all my content from the boxes that seem to have disappeared????

HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks, Kathy

BASICALLY AT THIS STAGE I HAVE INSTALLED THE NEW DMS BUT MY INFORMATION IS NOT COPYING ACROSS FROM THE OLD FRAMEWORK PROPERLY. HOW TO I TRANSFER ALL MY CONTENT INTO THE NEW PLATFORM WITHOUT HAVING TO REDO THE WHOLE SITE?? AND ESPECIALLY THE OLD 'BOXES' SECTIONS, WHICH NOW SEEM TO BE GONE. PLEASE HELP. THANKS.

• zqkuonexxs likes this

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

Hi, 

Follow the instructions here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Log into your Launchpad Account via the link in that post.  Download Framework 2.4.4 (we have no 2.7.3).  Unzip the folder. You'll see a folder called pagelines.  Save the folder to your desktop.

FTP into your site.  Navigate to wp-content/themes.  You'll see a pagelines folder there.  Delete it.  Don't worry about content, customizations, custom code, or anything like that. None is stored in that folder.  Once it's deleted fully, you can upload the pagelines folder you saved to your desktop.

When the upload is completed, browse to your website, login as Admin, and go to Appearance > Themes and activate PageLines Framework.

Your connections will be restored, and all your customizations and content will be restored.

Please let us know if you need additional guidance.

#3 pagelineswebdesign_kz

pagelineswebdesign_kz

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:27 AM   Best Answer

Thank you soooo much, this was excellent support - well guided and worked perfectly!!  Many thanks, and much appreciated especially when you're in a state of stress and confusion. thanks

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

You're very welcome indeed!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: compatibility, upgrade