Section Filters Question

Question

Posted · Report post

I very much like the section filters area. It groups sections by a common functionality. I just acquired a new section and installed it and it works fine. What then?

It's an image gallery section but it places itself in the "Miscellaneous" filter instead of "Galleries".  Looks like every future section I buy is going to end up in the "Misc" folder, and there goes the neighborhood.

Am I missing some way to manually tag/label a section so it will "file itself" in the appropriate filter folder, or are we simply at the mercy of section authors to label that properly?

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I will be informing the developers of this information and the available filters. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Posted · Report post

Have you read our docs? http://docs.pagelines.com

Posted · Report post

Really Rob? I've read them and didn't see the answer. Clearly I missed it and there's not a search function for the docs. It might've been nice to include a direct link to the answer rather then the homepage of the docs. I agree with OP that the section filters are great. I would venture a guess that new sections must be correctly labeled by the developer in order to be displayed correctly by the section filters but that's just a guess.

Posted · Report post

sheilahoff  Thank you, Sheila. I thought Rob was pickin' on me there, but I didn't want to get into a virtual-smack-down with him. He's usually so thoughtful with most of his answers. Nice to have a Big Sister looking out for me.

Rob, you get a raspberry on this one:   :P

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Thanks, I never even realised this. I have reported it.

A quick question has this done it for all your purchased sections or was it just the one ?

Once you provide an answer, I can report the issue.

Posted · Report post

There's a part of the docs about adding/creating new sections. That's what I was referring to.  And I'm glad you didn't want to get into a smackdown, because I've had way too many of them lately.  Much, much appreciated!  Besides, I have no reason to do that.

I'm not worried about raspberries. I just make a pastry and eat 'em up! :D

I'm sincerely sorry I wasn't more help.  Just a bit overwhelmed lately!  Danny's our docs guru, I'm just the editor. He's a good guy.

Posted · Report post

Danny Yes all purchased sections go to miscellaneous.

Posted · Report post

Hey! I'm the OP, here. Do I win something??

Posted · Report post

I have a plentiful supply of raspberries I could share! :D

Posted · Report post

Dohhh!!!

I like that. Excellent comedic technique!   :P

Would somebody PLEASE close this thread appropriately before Rob gets any more shots in?!?

Posted · Report post

Gladly! :D

And comic relief sometimes is good and therapeutic in tech support!