7 replies to this topic

#1 jacobtippett

jacobtippett

• Members

• 25 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Hi, I am trying to customize the navigation to be bigger and cleaner. Currently I have no idea how to customize the navigation and where to even start. I was wondering if any of you out there could be of any assistance.

This is what I currently have Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-08-05 at 10.11.09 AM.png   52.16KB   2 downloads

This is what I am kind of going for Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-08-05 at 10.15.02 AM.png   35.89KB   1 downloads

As you can see, the navigation is super small, I don't like having it within a box, and it sits at the top of the page.

Help! And thanks!

#2 margeaux7

margeaux7

• Members

• 118 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

Buy Navablein the store. I spent literally an entire Sunday trying to customize the Navbar but I am not good enough at CSS to make stuff work across multiple browsers. This is the best 14.99 you will ever spend and I would have spent 100.00 on it yesterday to not waste an entire day.

#3 margeaux7

margeaux7

• Members

• 118 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

I meant Navable in the store.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

Let us know how that goes.

#5 jacobtippett

jacobtippett

• Members

• 25 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

The navigation is better, but I am still having issues getting it to default to the bottom of the header. Currently it sticks to the top of the column instead of the bottom.

I am trying to get that worked out.

#6 mikejmccarthy

mikejmccarthy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

Navable is the worst $14.99 I have ever spent. Navable is no better than the free Navbar (which is terrible, also). 

Navable "partial width" is not functioning.

Navable "base color" does not change the base color.

The "base color" color picker is half out of the editing screen so that one must know the Hex code for the colors not displayed. But, it doesn't matter anyway because the use of the "base color" box is non-functional.

There is no control for font family.

There is no control for font size.

There is no ability to center the navigation menu.

There is no documentation for Navable that I can find.

The shortcode function either doesn't work or the description page for the shortcodes doesn't explain how to implement them well enough for me to get them to work.

It really seems that I could come up with more bad things to say about Navable, but I am tired. I hope this post saves at least one person $14.99. 

#7 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

Worse $14.99 you ever spent?

Good luck finding support then.

The COLOR DOES WORK. It's a PAGELINES BUG.

https://github.com/p...s/DMS/issues/26

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

Unfortunately, I'm unable to delete the topic or your posting as requested.  Please remember, the developers (like Nick) provide support here voluntarily, and are not paid specifically for providing support.  So in future, kindly mind how you're dealing with frustrations.  We totally understand things are frustrating. but, people do have to help you. It's not wise to slap someone in the face then ask for their help.  You're not alone in this, but it's just not smart to do.

Most of the other issues you mentioned, aside from the color, can be controlled by careful inspection of the site in Firefox using Firebug and then applying CSS (found in Firebug) corrected to the way you want things.  The docs have info on how this is done:  http://docs.pagelines.com.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom, navigation, dms, navbar, simple, nav, bar