Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Screenshots of Pages?

Question

Posted · Report post

Forgive me if this exists, please point me in the right direction if it does. I would like to see screenshots of all the template pages with areas marked with their dimensions. Completely new with the theme, it seems I have to load each template to see what each one looks like. Then, once I select one, I am playing a guessing game with what size content fits in each area. Examples being, what is the maximum width of the footer boxes on the feature page? What are the maximum dimensions for the widget areas. Thanks so much!

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I would like to see screenshots of all the template pages with areas marked with their dimensions.
Fantastic idea; For now...
Examples being, what is the maximum width of the footer boxes on the feature page? What are the maximum dimensions for the widget areas
They are both about 260 px wide

Posted · Report post

Hi Robbin_G, The web developer add-on for Firefox has a ruler option that lets you measure any area of a web page to see its dimensions. I have used it before to check object dimensions, letting me avoid most of the trail and adjust method of sizing. Could be a temporary solution to what you are looking for.

Posted · Report post

Thanks tludi! After a Firefox ate my bookmarks, I started using Safari more, but maybe I will go back!