Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Broken Box Model?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I am wanting to design a site at 640px wide, tumblog style. I am in Boxed Display in DMS, and when I go to drag the sections to be at 640px, it just shifts over to the right. In fact, when I drag the header it shifts independently. I have done it before, and have everything as default.

What could be going on? I have also attached a screenshot showing the borked movement.

29ehy53.png

mh7f9u.png

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I am not sure what happened to your site.  And I must apologize for the delays.  We're swamped, which is our fault, not yours and I'm sorry you've experienced both the problems and the wait.

Other than re-installing via FTP from a fresh download of DMS, I'm not sure what to suggest.

There may be a plugin conflict causing the alignment issue, or the loss of your site.  I'd recommend deactivating the plugins entirely. See if it fixes the issue, and then, if not, use the FTP method to reinstall in wp-content/themes/dms

Let us know.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Did you use Firebug for Firefox to inspect the CSS independently (of Chrome) so that you can see if there's any instruction or styling causing the element to shift right?

Doing it this way, you can continue inspecting the site and keep your visual editor open allowing you to make changes.

Also, did you click the little edit icon for the higher element (where the box area is contained) to see if has an alignment setting?

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Did you use Firebug for Firefox to inspect the CSS independently (of Chrome) so that you can see if there's any instruction or styling causing the element to shift right?

Doing it this way, you can continue inspecting the site and keep your visual editor open allowing you to make changes.

Also, did you click the little edit icon for the higher element (where the box area is contained) to see if has an alignment setting?

Yes there is, The Box wrapper is positioned relative with a left 231 px. This is out of the box. Why is it that way? 

Posted · Report post

Ok, I did a complete fresh install, and it is unusable. I literally was building the site, everything was working great, then OUT OF THE BLUE my site is completely broke. 

Here are some more screenshots:

293eptu.png

Posted · Report post

Also, when I am dragging elements to resize, the Width indicator on the bottom used to indicate the percentage and pixel size. Now it just shows a "/" and no data.

Posted · Report post

element.style {
  1. z-index90;
}
Matched CSS Rules

media="all"

.width-resize .ui-resizable-handle.ui-resizable-e, .width-resize .ui-resizable-handle.ui-resizable-w{
  1. cursormove;
  2. positionabsolute;
  3. font-size0.1px;
  4. displayblock;
}

media="all"

.width-resize .ui-resizable-w {
  1. cursorw-resize;
  2. border-right1px dashed #35eafd;
  3. width5px;
  4. left-6px;
  5. top0;
  6. height100%;
}

media="all"

html, body, div, span, applet,object, iframe, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5,h6, p, blockquote, pre, a, abbr,acronym, address, big, cite, code,del, dfn, em, font, img, ins, kbd,q, s, samp, small, strike, strong,sub, sup, tt, var, b, u, i, center,dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li, fieldset,form, label, legend, table, caption,tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td {
  1. margin0;
  2. padding0;
  3. border0;
  4. outline0;
  5. font-size100%;
  6. vertical-alignbaseline;
  7. backgroundtransparent;
}

user agent stylesheet
div {
  1. displayblock;
}
Pseudo ::selection element

media="all"

::selection {
  1. background#225E9B;
}
Inherited from div.boxed-wrap.site-translate.ui-resizable

media="all"

html, body, div, span, applet,object, iframe, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5,h6, p, blockquote, pre, a, abbr,acronym, address, big, cite, code,del, dfn, em, font, img, ins, kbd,q, s, samp, small, strike, strong,sub, sup, tt, var, b, u, i, center,dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li, fieldset,form, label, legend, table, caption,tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td {
  1. font-size100%;
}
Inherited from div#site.site-wrap.one-sidebar-right

media="all"

1. font-size100%;
}
Inherited from body.home.blog.logged-in.dms.pl-pro-version.responsive.full_width.pl-editor.display-boxed.area-controls.drag-drop-editing.width-resize

Style Attribute {
  1. cursorauto;
}

media="all"

body {
  1. font-size14px;
  2. font-family"Open Sans", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, sans-serif;
  3. font-weight300;
  4. line-height1.55em;
  5. color#000000;
}

media="all"

body {
  1. zoom1;
}

media="all"

body {
  1. line-height1;
}

media="all"

1. font-size100%;
}
Inherited from html.csstransforms.csstransforms3d.csstransitions

media="all"

html {
  1. font-size100%;
}

media="all"

1. font-size100%;
}
Metrics

Properties

DOM Breakpoints

Event Listeners

Blocked a frame with origin "http://www.youtube.com" from accessing a frame with origin "http://fliptheu.com". Protocols, domains, and ports must match.
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.pagelines.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/anyloop-thumb.png
68Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'w' of undefined script.resize.js:9
  1. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'w' of undefined script.resize.js:9

Here are some errors I am getting in Chrome. 

Also, if you resize to be 640px, why does it always reset back to 960px on Publish?

Posted · Report post

Any ideas guys?

Posted · Report post

Bump! Any help appreciated!