Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

Hello,

Many are asking for access to the Framework Store products that were free and cannot be downloaded.  Here's your solution.

Login to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Then go to 

You can then download the zip files for each of the free products. You can install them manually, in the folders where they belong.

Do this via FTP, as some WordPress upload methods will not install these products in the correct locations.

These ARE NOT for DMS.  If you try to use them in DMS and they break your site, well, you didn't listen and won't be supported. We can't fix stupid decisions. Please, don't ask why; don't complain, and don't yell at me. You'll only get me upset and I can be mean (I'm told). :D

Thank you Simon, for one brilliant job, and for the tireless job you're doing to get things back on track.

If you would like PLUS extensions (and previously had a PLUS subscription) please contact the desk on hello @ pagelines.com and we will provide these for you. 

• Martin Bay, batman, Erwan and 3 others like this

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2159 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

Hi Rob

This resolve all the problems now. 

Awesome ! 

:goodjob: 

#3 Mictlan

Mictlan

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

This is a temporal solution for the free pluging thank you, but the one I need is the twinshoot I am making a new website using framework. I have my business account so we use to have access for this section. How can I get twinwshoot now?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

I believe Twinshot is experiencing some technical issues with WP 3.6, so it's possible that's not a good thing right this moment anyway.

• Mictlan likes this

#5 idea15

idea15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

HALLELUJAH. My project's back on schedule. Thanks!

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

Patience pays!

#7 aerta

aerta

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

Any idea when we might be able to access the framework store via Dashboard again?

• zcademy and parsonjones like this

#8 Erwan

Erwan

• Members

• 193 posts
  • Framework Version:Framework 2.4.4 - DMS 1.1.6 & 1.2

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

Hallelujah + 1 :) !

Just discoverered this topic after struggling with the issue and checking all PL blog posts + my "hello@pagelines.com" answers for loooooong days.

Unfortunately, "Plus" sections such as StarBars still missing for those I did'nt save locally...: I'll be patient ;)

#9 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2159 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

Hi "

Please, you can see this, for information

;)

• noomaking and Erwan like this

#10 aerta

aerta

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

What does 'TBD' stand for?

#11 Erwan

Erwan

• Members

• 193 posts
  • Framework Version:Framework 2.4.4 - DMS 1.1.6 & 1.2

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

Hi "

Please, you can see this, for information

;)

Hi @

Thanks: I discovered this link a few minutes ago too... ;) I had never been informed of its existence before (no announcement anywhere, as far as I'm aware): since when is it on line?

I'm not sure it's supposed to answer to my "Plus section/extension" question though.

Btw, Hallelujah + 1000, I'm "Successfully logged in as "erwanlescop" to PageLines with a secured connection - Active Plus account." within Framework dahsboard since one hour too!

Just don't know if Plus Live Chat is supposed to be "moderated" again.

Anyway, great news, champagne 
:thumbsu: !

#12 fishing69

fishing69

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:Proffesional

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Will the store issue not be resolved in time and if so how long will it be....or is going this alternate route the only solution that is going to be presented for the store issue...?????

Going the ftp route....I have done a few things this way...but always with direction...

Here's hoping the issue will be  taken care of....

Tim

#13 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 459 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

I got an support ticket response from Rob re: the Live Chat that said: Live Chat, as far as I know, will not be moderated anymore.  It is impossible to support multiple dialogues simultaneously for different products.  I'm sure you understand.

I'm appreciative how disruptive the site hack on launch was and greatly appreciate all the info here. But I'm wondering about some of the losses to those of us staying with the framework instead of DMS.As someone else asked, I'd like to know if we will be regaining access via our dashboard or if this FTP approach will stand. If the later, maybe I suggest that someone compile all the zips into one big zip. It's a PITA to have to right-click and save so many unique files.

#14 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

You're free to download them, or save them.  I cannot say how the future of implementation of legacy products will go.

I can say that there are no more Framework store products in our store. The store will now be exclusively DMS.

And please, everyone, lets not make this a chronic complaint festival.  Forgive me, but I'm getting tired of the complaints.  I can't and don't set policy, and I didn't hack the site. I don't write the code and I don't build programs.  Complaining is just wasting everyone's time.  Things are what they are. A week ago, there were no solutions in sight. Now, at least I've made sure there's some relief.   So for the sake of my sanity, and the last three remaining hairs on my head, let's can the complaining and move forward. 

Let me point out, I'm keeping my sites on Framework too, for a while. So yes, I'm also in the same boat about Framework plugins, sections, etc.

Thanks all!

#15 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 459 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

Sorry Rob...didn't mean to sound like a complainer. I just wanted to know where I stood. So it sounds like if we stay with the framework it's now legacy and there will be no more things added (ie: benefit of the Plus membership). So unless I want to switch to DMS which I'm not yet sure about, I can save money dropping my Plus membership. I'm so new to PL (still completing my first 2 legacy sites) you'd think it'd make sense to just switch now to DMS but so far it hasn't spoken to me. I'll give it another try.

I just downloaded all those zip files. But as pointed out above there are several that were part of Plus that are not there. I do hope we will regain access. Since the store is now only DMS how would we get any addtional after-market plug-ins or sections? Can we get them directly from the developers? I know you don't want complaints, I am only trying to understand. We've been told legacy will continue to be supported. But if we cannot add any PL plug-ins or sections it'll kill off legacy pretty quickly. Maybe that's the intent? Will any of the stuff in the store work with the old framework at all?

FYI here are just a few missing PL tools that were free w/ Plus:
* rapid tabs
* profiles
* pricing
* reader

@

TBD means To Be Determined.

#16 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

I wasn't addressing that specifically to you.  But for anyone who reads your post moving forward.   I understand Framework Plus is being phased out in favor of DMS subscriptions.  No more extensions (no one is creating code for Framework now), and your Plus subscription will end very soon.

My suggestion... test DMS before a full rollout for a client.  Convert your own site, then start helping clients with it. Sheila, read the docs, and test it out. It won't speak to you. It will be singing Tosca at you from LaScala, serenading you with sonnets and whispering sweet thoughts in your ear.  Very soon, you'll love it.

#17 aerta

aerta

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

OK - as it seems possible now that access to my account through the Pagelines dashboard might never be restored - can I ask for some info on plugins and sections? I've downloaded all my paid-for plugins and sections, and the free ones I regularly use, so that I can install them either manually through WP or via FTP.

But how do I install the SECTIONS? Never quite understood the difference between sections and plugins anyway. What's the procedure?

Thanks

#18 miketaylorphoto

miketaylorphoto

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hi Rob ,

What about the monthly store products that plus members got for free every month like hooker?

Thanks

• imagineutopia likes this

#19 Jason M

Jason M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Is access to the store via the dashboard EVER returning for Framework.  I don't have  ftp access to a site I'm helping out with so I need to use the dashboard or consider a different theme.  Thanks!

• imagineutopia likes this

#20 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Unfortunately, the powers that be have opted to discontinue the store for Framework. No products will be for sale for Framework via the Store (website) or via the Dashboard. 

Without FTP access, I'd suggest looking for some internal file management tool.  Usually, hosts that deny FTP offer an online file manager because everyone's going to have to upload something, sometime.  So there must be a way to get files managed and put in place.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: framework, store, free, plugins, sections, themes