Photo
- - - - -

Can't Install Pagelines Sections Plugin

sections plugin

Best Answer Rob , 15 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

The Framework store is largely back in place. A few things don't work, but are being fixed, still. The majority are okay.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 davekeys

davekeys

Advanced Member

• Members

• 47 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

I got a WSOD trying to run DMS. In a hurry to deliver so I thought this site could do just as well with PL Framework. It looked like the store was back up and I was on my way to a quick website launch so that's great but then I tried to install the PL sections plugin and all I get after an initial "installing" display is the below. Tried several times. Bouncing back and forth between DMS and PL Framework and nothing is actually working right now. My clients don't care one bit what the problems are over at Pagelines and it's been well over a week. 

Is there a place to simply download this plugin? I tried launchpad.pagelines and my purchased items were there but not the sections plugin so this whole approach is rendered inoperative.

Site = 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Screenshot_8_3_13_12_24_PM-2.jpg?resizeS

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2107 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

Hi davekeys

I upload this for you

Pagelines Sections

Pagelines Customize

Please you extract in your PC or Mac and then upload via FTP to

wp-content / plugins / pagelines-sections  

and the other

wp-content / plugins / pagelines-customize

I zip this only to upload, there are not the original .zip

I hope this resolve your problems

;)

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

I don't believe you need PageLines Sections plugin for DMS.  If you look in DMS in the Visual Editor, you will see "Sections" as one of the available options under Add Sections.   You just drag that to any part of your site and can start adding sections to it. DMS essentially does away with the container for added sections (the older PageLines Sections Plugin).

The purpose of the plugin was to hold added sections, but DMS handles them internally, so no need to use that plugin.  It's only needed for new installations of Framework.

#4 davekeys

davekeys

Advanced Member

• Members

• 47 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

Thanks, One Smart Egg. You're correct, but I had posted, "In a hurry to deliver so I thought this site could do just as well with PL Framework"

This issue is specific to Pagelines Framework. 

I actually found the cause of the WSOD (a plugin) so I ended up using DMS but I'd still like PL Framework to well... work. Sometimes it's still the best choice for a website too. It looks like the store is mostly up but I also lost all my Plus account components when I sign in and the interface asks me to join Plus although I'm already a member. I got the premium sections from Launchpad.pagelines.com and Batman uploaded the sections plugin so I have that for the next round. I'm kind of holding off on dumping more into the ticket queue about PL2 until the server issues seem to be under control.

#5 davekeys

davekeys

Advanced Member

• Members

• 47 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:18 AM

BTW, in case you haven't been told, DMS really delivers despite the rash of server issues. What a bummer for that attack to be such an impact on a major launch of such a decent product. It's getting ugly out there.

#6 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2107 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:22 AM

HI

You can see this awesome  RobĀ“s topic for Framework Store Free Products

;)

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:47 AM   Best Answer

The Framework store is largely back in place. A few things don't work, but are being fixed, still. The majority are okay.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sections, plugin