1. PageLines Framework does work and the issue you have is effecting everyone, not just you. Even I can't login correctly. However, this will be fixed in time.
2. DMS is our latest product and of course will receive the majority of our development. However, PageLines Framework is still supported and will still receive updates, its just now feature frozen.
3. There is a v2 compatibility option specifically for Framework users, this compatibility option makes the migration to DMS much easier. You need to remember that DMS and Framework are two completely different products, so installing and activating DMS is like installing any third party theme. Your site will take on the default style/layout of that theme.
We do not want to alienate our users, migrating to DMS from PageLines Framework can take 5 minutes to a couple of hours depending on your sites customization.
4. Our servers were attacked, all files were removed. We had a number of backups and backups of the backups. A few hours before the launch of DMS, all files, services were back online. Then our servers were hacked again. This lead us to believe that the hacker(s) may have root access. We then had to make the hard decision to move to a completely new server. We also made the decision that our API system needed rewriting for security reasons. This is where the issues for most users comes from, as this API controls our services such as PL Framework in-store connection, updates for store products and so forth.
As you can imagine, our devs have been working crazy hours to resolve this and the majority is back up and running. We apologise profusely for the inconvenience caused by this, but please be aware this wasn't our fault. If hackers target your system and put enough time and effort in, they will hack you, thats the world we live in, Sony, Apple to name a few have had their systems hacked.
So no system is hack-proof. However, we have taken more steps to improve our security and reliability.
5. If you're unhappy, we are unhappy. Contact our helpdesk and our accounts/billing team may be able to make you happy again. We do not want any PL user to be unhappy or feel mistreated. PageLines believes in karma.
No developer with 20-30 clients needs to contact their client and inform them that they need to re-engineer their website from Framework to DMS. DMS isn't mandatory, we recommend it but the decision to use/purchase DMS is entirely up to you guys. PageLines Framework is still an awesome tool to build great looking websites, it's just that DMS is better in every way.
All products eventually have an end of life and are replaced with a newer, better product. You only have to look at the phone market for this. However, like the phone market, just because the iPhone500 comes our doesn't mean the iPhone499 is now obsolete and you have to upgrade.
We don't think you're being rude, we understand some users are disappointed with some of the issues at the moment. Like I said, contact our helpdesk or me directly at
danny at pagelines dot com
With your issues and I will try and resolve them for you. However, with it being Sunday, my response will most likely be Monday now.
Also, we take criticism on the chin, but also to heart. Rob's comments aren't that of someone who is bad a customers services but of someone who loves PageLines and helping it's users. He nor any of the PageLines staff never intend to come across as arrogant or purposely annoy, aggravate you. Its quite the opposite, drop me or our helpdesk an email and we can try to address your issues and make your PageLines experience a happy one!
We provide a 30 day refund policy, after that I'm afraid a refund is not possible. H