Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My Editing Icons in DMS Disappear in Chrome

Question

Posted · Report post

In Chrome, when I hover over a icon that edits within the visual editor (i.e. edit, close, width, etc.), the icon disappears. I tried uninstalling Chrome and re-installing it, but this did not work. I also tried uninstalling DMS and reinstalling it, but this did not work either. 

I have no clue what the cause of this could be. I just purchased a Pro license, and I really love the new DMS configuration. However, I am not able to save my work and continue with my building process if I have to refresh my screen in order for the icons to reappear. 

I'd really love some guidance on this issue. Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

You may have a plugin conflict or an add on in Chrome causing a conflict.  You may also have Chrome set up to not use javascript.

Check Chrome first for javascript or ajax settings.

If that fails, deactivate all non-PageLines plugins. Let us know which works.

Posted · Report post

Hello

I have the same problem.  I've tried it on both my PC and MAC and still have the same probelm on both.

I've followed all your instructions yet I'm still not able to get the visual editor (i.e. edit, close, width, etc.) to remain still long enough to click on it to edit.  I hover over close to it and it goes away.

I've removed and re-installed chrome, I've checked my java settings an made sure it was OK form their website.

Please advise so I may start using your software.

Thank you.

Skip

Posted · Report post

I deactivated all of my plug-ins, which solved the problem. Then, I added the plug-ins back on one-by-one and found the issue. It was with a plug-in titled "Find Me On," a social media plug-in. Thanks for your help. DMS PRO works great with my set-up and has been a game changer for my website and personal platform. You may visit my site at www.ryanreed.me. Thanks again!

Posted · Report post

Good Call ryanreedme

Deactivated all the plugins and it worked...

Now Pagelines can work on making DMS compatible with all the plugins...  A long project but we need more than just what they want us to buy...

Thanks for the insight...

All the best of Providence.

Skip

Posted · Report post

Well, you may have noticed that WP released v3.6. Some plugins may not have updated to it yet, causing compatibility issues.  If you reactivate each plugin, one at a time, and the issue happens again, that's the bad plugin.  Please report it here: http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28827-dms-plugin-compatibility-check-list/