complaints

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 crazymonkeydefense

crazymonkeydefense

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:00 AM

I typically hate to complain. Personally when service or a company sucks, I just pack my bags and leave. Considering I spent so much money on Pagelines over the years, plus monthly memberships etc, that's hard to do. Bottom line I really feel you guys suck at this point (everywhere I look on the net, I see complaints too). I am open to being surprised, but I doubt it. Quick to take your money, slow to respond.

My gripes (I have more but this is the short list):
1. The issue of accessing my pagelines account from within my wordpress still has not been resolved. I keep hearing about the hack, but to be honest, how much longer does a person have to wait until it is resolved? I tried to update Twinshots, something my whole site is using and it has now disapearred...and because I cant connect my site to pagelines, I cannot resolve this issue. What does this mean? Alot of pissed off members on my site and unless I can get this resolved ASAP (oh wait it's the weekend, see below) I will be forced to abandon Pagelines for good.

2. There are sections that still remain incompatible with DMS, like Twinshots.

3. Response to questions via their help mail is slow, often answered incorrectly etc. Plus you never get to speak to the same person twice.

4. Go try find stuff, like sections for pagelines, and you just get error pages.

5. I think instead of launching DMS as you did, care should have been taken to ensure the old pagelines was properly running and kept so. It's like it has been thrown away. Thanks...especially if like me my sites are running on this system and right now I don't want to use DMS. Trying to get that to work is a pain, a new learning curve and I literally have to design all my sites from scratch.

6. Finally I am sick and tired of seeing "we don't respond to requests/support on weekends". Actually I don't really mind, but it is how it is written with attitude. Really? you take our money etc, and then have an attitude when we ask for help on a weekend...when most average, non-geek people actually have time on a weekend to deal with their sites and issues.

Bottom line...Pagelines sucks right now....if I could get all my money back I spent (which I doubt is possible) I would rather go with something else...anyway rant over!

• Jason M, tinsky, asha23 and 1 other like this

#2 kneops

kneops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

You pointed out some 'dangers' of using PL very well.

Is it not possible to download that Twinshot section through the website of PL instead of via the WP admin? Then you could upload that section via ftp.

But I agree those paid for sections should have been compatible right from the start, that's why you paid for them. If it would have been a third-party free plugin like WP has a lot of on their site, that would have been a different case.

It's like it has been thrown away...

I have this same feeling. Frustrating when you just bought it and being asked to pay for DMS. Yes I know it's free...

• tinsky likes this

#3 crazymonkeydefense

crazymonkeydefense

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

The issue Kneops...is that Twinshots came FREE with the Plus membership, so there is no way for me to download it, because I never purchased it. I tried going to the page where Twinshot is suppose to be, as I am so desparate right now I am willing to drop more money and just buy it.

Guess what?

Page doesn't work, 404 errors and nowhere to purchase it.

This could just as easily been sorted out, if the login interface between PL on my WP site and PL worked. But it doesn't, hasnt for days, and I was promised it would be resolved Friday...which has come and gone.

I posted this on the technical section of this forum as well. A PL staff member responded, and instead of sorting it out for me then and there, gave me a whole nother run around about checking my plug ins as they may be conflicting, blah, blah, blah....when all he had to do was check that I was a PL Plus member and send me a god damn link to download it, and see if I could resolve this myself.

Nope instead, here I sit, with massive damage control going on between myself and my members...while PL takes my money, makes me wait....oh and wont respond to any support on weekends. Lovely.

PS. as noted, it is not so much that they dont respond on weekends, but if you read how it is posted, as well as comments made to members on here from staff, there is an underlying attitude that I dont get. I get the sense they think we are all iditiots.

PPS. as a person who is currently doing his PhD in Business, I hate to state the obvious to PL....in this world, right now, there is tons of competition, and the only way to trully make it, to stand out, to have longevity in ones business, is customer service. Those who have it, and get it, will be the winners in this game.

• nizami and tinsky like this

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hi Rodney,

I don't personally feel we're slow to respond, we tend to reply within 30minutes. But as you can probably imagine, our team has been a bit overwhelmed. Replying to over 5000 emails and doing so in a reasonable time is difficult. However, this isn't an excuse, we apologise that you had to wait so long to receive a reply.

Just sent you an email with TwinShot attached, if that helps. However, the plus products aren't available for download as they're plus products, so I am not certain if the version I gave you is up to date. If it isn't I recommend not updating for the time being.

1. There are still some issues with the API and the PL Framework built-in store, these are being addressed.

2. Most of the sections are already DMS ready they just need the proper wrapping, due to the attacks this has been put on the back burner for the time being but as far as I am aware they will be available in DMS. We just need some time.

3. Like I mentioned above, our team are replying to as many as they possibly can. However, as there are so many tickets, this is why you will be speaking to a different person each time. There is a que and we can't simply by pass other users in the que to answer a specific person, that would be unfair. However, all our team are just capable of resolving your issue(s). No team member is better than the other.

4. The errors are related to API, which has had to be rebuilt. We couldn't use our previous due to the attack. These are being addressed, we are annoyed out ourselves that its taking as long as it is.

5. PageLines Framework has not been thrown away, it is still a perfectly good tool to create great looking websites, its just DMS is better. Also, if our server wasn't attacked the issues you're encountering now with PageLines Framework would cease to exists. These issues have no relation to the DMS launch, but the attack on our server. Not sure how you come to that conclusion.

6. We do provide support on the weekends, but it is limited. Hence why I am hear now. ;)

PageLines doesn't suck, if it did suck you wouldn't have purchased our product and invested your hard earned cash on various other products and services such as Plus. The issue you're having are the same for other users too. We completely understand your position and believe me when I say this, we are seriously pissed off that we haven't been able to address these issues in a more speedy fashion.

The thing that sucks is that you're unable to access certain things, we know that sucks, it sucks hard. But, please bear in mind that this was not our intention and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

I'm compelled to reply to this:

PS. as noted, it is not so much that they dont respond on weekends, but if you read how it is posted, as well as comments made to members on here from staff, there is an underlying attitude that I dont get. I get the sense they think we are all iditiots.

No one here thinks customers are idiots. But, when you're answering a topic and people keep going over the same issues, again and again, doing nothing but complain for the sake of complaint, and hundreds of others have REAL needs that don't involve petty, repetitive complaints, you have to draw the line or others suffer.  That's precisely why the forum is backlogged, and why our billing department is also in that sad state.  Too many people believing the world revolves solely around them and posting not one, not two, but in some cases, more than twenty complaints, posts, emails, comments all over, for the same thing. This ONLY slows things down. So, in my effort to curb their demanding behavior, I had to stop it. I'll continue doing that so that others can get the help they need.

And as for this:

PPS. as a person who is currently doing his PhD in Business, I hate to state the obvious to PL....in this world, right now, there is tons of competition, and the only way to trully make it, to stand out, to have longevity in ones business, is customer service. Those who have it, and get it, will be the winners in this game.

You may be surprised to learn I have a Ph.D. in Economics, two MSci and still I endeavor to help people here because I enjoy helping people.  With a distinguished career now behind me, and over 35 years experience I agree, customer services is paramount, but that takes balance, and sometimes, putting customers in proper order, setting expectations and not letting one customer dominate over the needs of others. Fairness, equity, responsibility command that one take care of as many as possible, not just the one who screams loudest.   They say the squeaky wheel gets the most grease.  But if the wheel keeps on squeaking, just stop servicing it and move on to the rest of the fleet. 

That said, I have replied to your other topics as best I can.  Apologies if you've been offended by anything I've said here or elsewhere.

#6 crazymonkeydefense

crazymonkeydefense

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

Rob...quit simply your response thrusts to the heart of my issue with Pagelines. In all fairness, and although you allude to my needs not been of any value or real, they were and still remain. Essentially my issues have not been resolved. I also don't require a covert lecture. This part of the forum is for feedback, and our experiences with Pagelines, hence I posted my feelings and issues.

The reason customers go over and over asking the same questions, because nothing ever gets resolved (or at least it has not for me), and when responses are made by staff, they are conflicting.

"Apologies if you've been offended by anything I've said here or elsewhere." No you not! Again there is that underlying attitude that I and many others here have picked up.

I don't need this pettyness to be frank, so do me a favor and refund me all the money I have spent with Pagelines and I am out of here. In the years I have been a customer I have posted no more than 8 times on this forum. Clearly my concerns are not seen as worth any time or of need of a real solution.

• imagineutopia, asha23 and KimAnn03 like this

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

In all fairness, and although you allude to my needs not been of any value or real, they were and still remain.

I made no such suggestion and never alluded to anything of the sort.  You are clearly reading between the lines and not seeing what I said for its truthful, honest statements.

Your issues, whatever they may be in any particular post are always important, as technical support topics, which is what the forum is for.  It is not a complaint center for people to vent frustrations.... and for the record, let me be clear, that means EVERYONE, not just you.  I am not being petty.  I'm being candid, frank and clear.  There has been, however, an undertone among some in these forums of purely contumacious behavior that is slowing down our support.  It has to stop so we can actually help you and them with their technical issues. Complaining, by anyone, about little things such as the timing of replies is hurting their purpose of getting support.  That's my point.   Others have to wait.

Just to be clear on another point, I am working 7 days a week, often in here at all hours of the day and night trying hard to keep up with replies even off the clock.

#8 bsocial

bsocial

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.2

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

Just to be clear on another point, I am working 7 days a week, often in here at all hours of the day and night trying hard to keep up with replies even off the clock.

You need to take a break. You are now attacking the client base on a regular basis. You may not see it that way but stating that people are "stupid" or just "complaining for the sake of complaining" will only further alienate your client base.

Whatever the cause, the blame for the current situation lays with PL. The DMS product was not ready for launch, you had not thought through the implications for current users, and you failed to implement a reliable / usable backup system.

Suck it up and deal with the mess that you created for yourselves. Stop blaming others and let us know what you intend to do to make us whole moving forward. 

• nizami, crazymonkeydefense, beardedavenger and 2 others like this

#9 crazymonkeydefense

crazymonkeydefense

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

Well I am no longer going to respond to the follow up comments here from PL staff (oh thanks for closing my tickets, even when my issues still have not been resolved)...I am likley no longer going to use PL either. Simply Rob, you should'nt be engaging with any clients on this forum. Your comments are not helpful at all. This is a FEEDBACK forum, I gave my FEEDBACK, which YES in this instance is a complaint. Rather than going off on a stupid rant about X, Y, Z, and inderectly telling me I am whining, slowing the response times down etc - you could have actually been of benefit and helped me out. Everytime you have responded, there has been ZERO benefit to me or anyone else. 

This has been beneficial in one way though, as someone who heads a global brand in 15 countries (who will now ensure non of my team ever use PL), I have learned how not to deal with clients in a crisis. Anyway onwards........

• bsocial likes this

#10 crazymonkeydefense

crazymonkeydefense

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:39 AM

Oh one one other thing...

The reason customers go over and over asking the same questions, because nothing ever gets resolved (or at least it has not for me), and when responses are made by staff, they are conflicting.

Yip...my tickets were closed, and yip no resolution still to my issues. I could go back and post it all over again for the 3rd time...or YES better see this as a loss of money, and take all my future money, and that of my team elsewhere...the later sounds like a far better option!

#11 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

You need to take a break. You are now attacking the client base on a regular basis. You may not see it that way but stating that people are "stupid" or just "complaining for the sake of complaining" will only further alienate your client base.

Whatever the cause, the blame for the current situation lays with PL. The DMS product was not ready for launch, you had not thought through the implications for current users, and you failed to implement a reliable / usable backup system.

Suck it up and deal with the mess that you created for yourselves. Stop blaming others and let us know what you intend to do to make us whole moving forward. 

DMS was ready for launch, but as I have mentioned several times on numerous posts, the API which pretty much controlled everything, had to be rewritten as we couldn't take the chance of using our previous version due to the hack. We haven't blamed anyone else, the issue was clearly ours so not sure what you're referring to there.

@crazymonkeydefense

If you email me your issues, I can try to resolve them for you. When emailing me be sure to provide me with your PageLines username.

danny at pagelines dot com

#12 noomaking

noomaking

• Members

• 27 posts
  • LocationDelaware
  • Framework Version:Pagelines Framework Developer Edition,DMS

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

I have to agree with crazymonkeydefense. I have to add that the Karma points to buy stuff I already purchased is not good Karma.

This is what I received in an email.

The Plus products are being added back to DMS as part of the new system using karma points to unlock the previous plus items.

I have to earn the Karma points to unlock stuff I already had in Framework?

I have invested so much time in Pagelines. Yikes!

Framework should be the highest priority for this company at the moment. DMS is a decent system and will prevail. But our businesses are getting wrecked due to the poor support for Framework. We need Framework to operate as before for 6 o 12 months. This needs to be a priority. Fix the 404 pages in the Framework to at least say, sorry we are working on it. To sit on a Framework site is to feel forgotten and very insecure.

I'm sorry you got hacked, but Framework is my highest priority. I can't get around it. Framework should be your highest priority.

Seriously. You have made a grave error with your existing customers. Framework is more important than DMS. DMS is strong enough on its own to place new customers and move old customers given time. Work on the Framework. We need section and plugin support for 12 months.

It makes me crazy to see DMS promoted with enthusiasm when Framework is a mess.

We are in an impossible situation. I see no urgency or priority given to Framework. Framework is all of my current business. DMS is my future business. Framework should still be your current business.

You what makes me even more crazy. Catch this line from an email about plus extensions in framework.

These items were rented through the plus system previously, so when the plus service stopped they were unavailable.

Rented??? Is that a legitimate answer ? I rented the plus extensions?? Therefore when I get moved to DMS, (how nice) I can buy the previously rented extensions with Karma points? It feels like a game of chutes and ladders. I am confused. Is this a good thing for me?

How about my install base that had access to the previously rented extensions? What is my plausible explanation to them?

Oh dear customer, those features were rented. They are no longer available because we are not allowed to rent them any more. But, if you want to play a game called Karma, we might be able to get them back in DMS. Of course that would require a reinvention of your current site. Of course that would cost you another development cycle.

Oh don't be mad dear customer, the poor company got hacked. It's only a few thousand dollars more, and we can transition to DMS where all the energy is. You will love it.

No, Framework is the highest priority. It needs to be reestablished as soon as possible. I'm not against DMS. I can't get there from here. I need Framework and the original services reinstated.

• nizami and clinton4 like this

#13 crazymonkeydefense

crazymonkeydefense

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

Well personally I have given up!

I am re-developing my sites, and come month end I will be dropping Pagelines for good. I had a 100 affiliate coaches worldwide ready, and willing to jump on Pagelines and use it as their core web presence. That has now gone, and I have notified all of them not to use Pagelines or support any of their products further or in the future.

Non of my initial issues have been resloved, outside of indirectly been scollded like a child by Pageline Staff members. I don't see why I have to chase anyone at Pagelines to get it resolved, I am the client, and not to mention they simply closed my tickets without ever resolving my issues.

I have cancelled my pro membership too!

I am going to leave it at that....but if I have one more immature response from Pagelines staff....or one treating me like an infantile child...I will unleash the wrath of social media...a storm they wont want to have on their hands (they should do their homework on who has their products before pissing them off) and that's it...now I am PISSED...initially I was confused, then frustrated....but now I am angry.

PS. Word of note, Pagelines should read Brand Against the Machine by John Morgan (a friend of mine), maybe they can learn something...but likely not!

PPS. If Pagelines staff are reading this, I would love a full refund too...but Hell will freeze over before that happens!

• nizami and bsocial like this

#14 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Noomaking - we have already replied to your email regarding Plus extensions. 

CrazyMonkeyDefence - i see two tickets for your on the desk within the last month (28 days). One we responded to and no response was received from your self. Our system automatically closes out the ticket after 14 days no response. You can re-open any ticket by responding to it. One ticket was regarding logging into the Dashboard in Framework. This has now been resolved and i have tested your account and can log in - are you still having a problem?  Here is the confirmation i got when i logged into the test site with your credentials http://d.pr/i/snu3 

Also - i can see you have been grandfathered into DMS from PaeLines Plus and have downloaded DMS twice but have no activations. I tested your DMS key on our test site and it works ok. http://d.pr/i/r4J1 

If there are other unsolved issues i would be more than happy to investigate these for you. 

If you would like a refund - all you have to do is email hello@pagelines.com requesting a refund from Billing. If you are within the 30 days of purchase that will be granted to you. 

#15 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Still hanging in here, but starting to get really worried...

1. I feel nervous about writing here in case it prejudices someone who might actually help.

1.1 Other day I received a warning for a post which used the words j*s*s and s**t. See http://forum.pagelin...elines-244-zip/ 

1.2 I'm really sorry about that, I was freaking out a bit. 

2. I don't even feel like a customer. I feel like a fly in the Pagelines ointment.

3. To be fair – and I'm going to have to name names here – I've had excellent, rapid support from Danny in Manchester.

4. Rob in the US, on the other hand, you seem to have forgotten the golden rule: the customer is always right, even when they're wrong. 

5. I responded to your warning. According this forum you read it. No reply of any sort. An acknowledgement would have been nice, not to mention professional.

6. Amongst feedback about customer experience I think Pagelines would do well to take on board, my message draws to your attention the small point that

6.1 www.pagelines.com/DMS doesn't display properly in Safari. 

7. I've also just had Nick Haskins insisting his products "work and have always worked" despite me screenshotting proof of the contrary. Apparently this is my site's fault, or a Java problem with WP 3.6. Maybe it is, but what am I supposed to do? Other parts of Pagelines seem to work. I'm not getting problems with any other products. Yes, these are discontinued widgets, designed for Pagelines, any help is at the author's discretion. But...I'm not sure you guys get it. You're not supporting a user having trouble with your product.

8. Of course the customer is selfish. I'm not a friend of Pagelines. I'm a paying customer. I don't use Pagelines as a hobby. I have paying customers waiting for working websites. 

9. To be fair, I'm a UX and graphic designer. I don't know PHP, CSS or LESS. I don't want to. That's why I went for Pagelines in the 1st place. Drag&Drop Framework it said. 

10. One of my clients is a Palo Alto cyber security professor who tutored Matt Mullenweg back in the day. He had major doubts about using Pagelines for his website. It was me persuaded him it was a solid platform. I am genuinely afraid that sooner or later something in his site is going to break because the product is not being updated. Please don't hear this as a threat, but that would really not look good for Pagelines. There would be major egg on face. 

10.1 I have refrained thus far, for obvious reasons, from mentioning to my client that you guys have been hacked. I don't know the details, I trust all is now okay.

11. Migrate to DMS? How can I trust a product that only works properly on one browser? How can I say to my client, "Hey, that Pagelines framwork I persuaded you to build your site on? Well, it's been discontinued, replaced by DMS, which is basically the same thing just with the Drag&Drop in a live interface. Here, go see the product splash page..." [see comment above about that.]

12. All said and done, I'll eat my words (and hat) if someone can help me with the basic Pagelines Jigoshop extender Fatal Error on install [http://forum.pagelin...goshop-install/]. I know you guys are under silly pressure but so am I. Please.

• bsocial likes this

#16 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

Well, thanks Martin for getting back to me about some of the above points. I really hope Pagelines manages to recover from this rocky period.Maybe it was a major mistake to go DMS + subscription model at this point in time. Attitude from certain support people has not helped the customer experience. Locking certain discussions on these forums looks weird too.  

Above all, I can't believe no one has come back to me on point 6 above! I mean, this is the product showcase page that doesn't work. Every time I mention I go back and check pagelines.com/DMS and see if the bug is still there. It is. I don't understand that at all. Top of that same page is the big bold claim: Say hello to DMS. Say goodbye to coding.  

Who's in charge of Pagelines PR? 

Anyway, following expert technical advice (thanks Ellen) I am advised that the only way to get the Shop page working properly under WooCommerce on Framework 2.4.4 might be to reinstall the Framework again. No guarantees. It might not be Framework's fault, it might be WP, or Java, or MacOSX, who knows? It's disappointing to hear there isn't a known fix but at least that's an honest response.

This is preferable to staff insisting their sections work, the system's been tested properly etc etc. Alright stuff happens, but that kind of stance is a major customer relations fail. 

At this point my continuing with Framework is down to switching cost (learning a new system) and project timelines. I've seen enough posts in the DMS forum – many of which are met with insistence that the product has no faults, (implication: it's the customer's fault) – to have doubts about DMS, even the free version, as a forward solution. That's understandable, isn't it?  

As I've posted in the WooCommerce/Framework thread [http://forum.pagelin...e-on-framework/] just now, if someone can guarantee that I can control the appearance of the Shop page under WooCommerce on DMS, there might be hope. I want to see a working demo, not a screencast. We're all in the sandbox here. Quit throwing sand in people's eyes. 

Otherwise, well, there are Woo themes, there are other design management systems...currently at a one-off price too. You know what, if it was me running Pagelines, I'd be stepping in here and saying, "Okay, you've made a few points there, What can we do to keep you and your clients on board?" 

#17 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hello Nizami 

Just responding with regards point 6 on your previous comment. this has been reported as a bug by myself and will hopefully be resolved very shortly. 

#18 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

I completely agree with crazymonkeydefense and bsocial. The response that so many people are taking up tickets and time with the same questions is a rather lame excuse at best !

1) When I have been on this forum pretty constantly over the last 2 weeks I have only seen Danny and sometimes Rob on the forum - yes thats a grand total of 2 people serving the world on a 24 hr basis ! Danny seems to be busy answering questions whilst Rob is busy telling people that works so hard. I'm sure there has to be one or 2 persons poking their head in every now and again but they must make a rather fast exit seeing all the complaints.

2) If the answers to the questions were being addressed then why are there so many questions ? maybe we aren't smart enough to see them .......

3) As bsocial states :  'Whatever the cause, the blame for the current situation lays with PL. The DMS product was not ready for launch, you had not thought through the implications for current users, and you failed to implement a reliable / usable backup system."  - If DMS was ready and the appropriate support was in place then there would be NO long queues and unaswered tickets.

4) I wrote an email 3 days ago which has not been answered yet - I purchased DMS more than 2 weeks ago and have spent countless hours trying to get it up and running but have now given up. Still waiting to hear about a refund on it. No way am I now going to spend more time to get it to work.

#19 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

1. Where are all these complaints ? There are a small minority of users who thought they were entitled to a free upgrade to DMS from PageLines Framework. This is because they didn't read the terms and conditions when purchasing PageLines Framework and Plus. Plus entitled all users to free updates for the life cycle of PageLines Framework, this meant 2.0.x all the way up to 2.9.9. This didn't include free upgrades to new products. 

A quick analogy would be this, when you purchase an iPhone 5 or iPad 4 etc.. you have that version. When a new version of that product comes along such as iPhone 6 or iPad 5, you're not entitled to walk into the Apple store and get the new version for free or nor are you entitled to a discount. You also can't go into the Apple store and say to the sales representative, "Here you go, he is my iPad 4, I would like to swap this for a MacPro". PageLines Framework and PageLines DMS are two separate products, in the same way Platform Pro and PageLines Framework are two separate products.

Now we understand why users are complaining, but you have to understand that DMS has a development cost. We provide a free version which has some limitations in comparison to the premium version. However, you will find it hard to find any other drag and drop Framework/Design Management System that provides both a free and premium version. 

Other complaints generally consist of users who are having difficulty installing or getting DMS to work. 99.9% of the time, this is server or plugin related. For example, most users tend to use Shared Hosting, shared hosting is without doubt the biggest waste of money any one who wants a website can spend. There is a common phrase "You get what you pay for", now in some areas of life, this isn't the case, but when it comes to web hosting, it most definitely is.

Shared hosting is a way for companies to lower the cost of there plans, they do this by saying Unlimited this, Unlimited that. However, you do not have unlimited anything, you're restricted because your domain is on the same server as 1000 other domains on average. All these domains are sharing the same server resources, another trick they do is, to install something called suhosin and when installed, they will set the PHP allocated memory to 64MB, but then in suhosin, set it to something like 20MB.

If you want a one page website, that is static, then shared hosting is for you. However, if you want to run a dynamic website using Wordpress, and care about your sites security, performance then shared hosting is most certainly not for you. That is why, when we get a user who is having difficulty installing DMS or having performance issues, the very first thing I do, before checking if WP is update etc.. is add their domain to a reverse IP checker which informs me if they're using a shared hosting plan.

We do not say to users that your server is the issue to pass the book, the reason we say this is, is that most of the time the server configuration is the cause of the issue.

2. Most questions are getting addressed, not sure how you have come to that conclusion. The questions that don't get addressed are ones that awating a users response for a specific thing, such as:

• A link to the site in question
  • For users to disable all active plugins, especially cache plugins
  • Waiting for us to try and recreate the issue.
  • Its a feature request, which will be reviewed and added to our tracker as either an idea or enhancement.
  • The user(s) are asking for customization support that is beyond what we provide.

If any topic is unresolved and it appears that non of our support team having responded in a while, bring it to our attention by replying to the topic.

3. DMS was ready for launch, we have a blog post about the issues that happened moments prior to launching DMS. These attacks on our servers caused all kinds of issues, such as issues our API which has had to be rewritten (we couldn't take the chance of using our old API files, moving to a new server etc...

The servers were attacked not once but twice. Now looking in from the outside, I can completely understand anyone who has an issue with this. However, being on the outside and looking in, you don't really grasp the amount of work it has taken to get the majority of our services back up and running.

4. If you wrote an email three days ago, this means it was wrote on Friday, we only provide forum support on weekends. Your case will most likely be replied today or later on this evening.

Your issues have been dealt with, your first issue was caused by you having an out of date version of Wordpress, the second was caused by a third party plugin which most likely was either an old plugin, one that doesn't follow the Wordpress API standard or is simply a conflict between DMS and that plugin. There are literally thousands of contact form plugins the best ones are either Gravity Forms or Ninja Forms for advanced forms and for a simple contact form you cant Grunion.

As to why your site has crashed is difficult to diagnose without any errors codes etc... the most likely cause is plugins or custom scripts. You may think this is your typical reply, but this is generally the cause of most issues and if not a plugin/script, then your server.

If you disable all active plugins and your site continues to crash then its most likely server related.

However, if you're unhappy, then we are unhappy and we will do our very best to make your DMS experience an enjoyable one. But you're also entitled to a full refund as long as you're within the 30 days of your purchase date.

#20 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationForest Lake, Brisbane, Australia
  • Framework Version:Pagelines Professional Edition

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

I've been waiting over two weeks now for a response from hello@pagelines.com

I am considering seeking a lawyer for a class action, taking out an advert with google or facebook all because I just want a response.  I get one answer here about something, another on the website in the comments and another on twitter. And none of the responses say the same thing, sometimes the complete opposite. Some customers have got the extras for free (so they say after emailing hello others say differently).

I've been holding off converting my current sites over to DMS until I get a full and honest response and this has just been eating into my time as I've also halted any ongoing work on new DMS sites.

It all seems a waste of time.  I'd  like a refund from the very first time I purchased with you (Pagelines) as all you've done for the last few months with DMS is waste my time.