Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Content Column CSS please

Question

Posted · Report post

Trying to raise the content column are for the home page.. and cannot isolate that area in firebug to add to css.

See layout here

Visit Site in works Here

<div class="pl-area-wrap pl-bg-cover" style="padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; margin-top:-150px;">
#pl-area-wrap  pl-bg-cover {margin-top:-150px !important;}

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

As I've told many people, use the menu of layers above the HTML code area in Firebug.

I found this CSS in 2 seconds that way:

body.display-full .pl-content {
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-width: 960px;
    position: relative;
}

You'd find it under div.pl-content by scrolling that menu to the left (click the arrow on the right side).   Examination of the CSS (which appears in the right) will show you all applicable styling for that layer.

Posted · Report post

No does not work.

That also raises the media box content in the header area...

.pl-area-wrap,  .pl-bg-cover {margin-top:-250px !important;}

This also raises the media box content in header area...

Anyone?

Posted · Report post

OK... so basic sections like we have above do not work on a more specific area... however, had to find within HTML to actually get a more precise area to isolate the css..

#pl_area770290 {background: none; margin-top:-250px;}

UG

Posted · Report post

Please, read the docs. http://docs.pagelines.com.  We cannot keep giving out the CSS. 

Posted · Report post

You know Rob... we've all been hearing you say that here on the forum, and although I do not speak for everyone here on the forum...

it used to be (from starting here with Platform Pro)... that everyone helped each other with css issues etc... BOTH moderators AND forum members...

No disrespect to the PL moderators... you seem to be the only one who is responding lately, and although I especially appreciate you actually reading these posts, I am feeling a bit abandoned.

What used to be indicators to move areas have changed... so I am finding out that certain things are not picking up in firebug, that I have to read between the lines in order to get certain areas to do things I want it to...

If I have an area that having issues with capturing css... I do hope that someone on the forum would help me out.. after all, its a forum... supposed to be a help-area. Especially now more than ever that SUPPORT seems to be an issue the last couple weeks.

Appreciate you taking the time with you're cut-and-dry answers, but please... we are all trying to get through this time ALONG with issues PL is having.

Posted · Report post

Not actually sure what you're trying accomplish. Do you want that content moved up or down ?

Is the image you linked in your original post a concept of what you want it to look like ?

You shouldn't position elements using negative margins. I don't see why you don't just add a background image/color to a full width section and then add your content via a textbox or something.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for responding...

Yes on the image posted earlier... however are actually creating a full page slider... but only have one image loaded so not to distract firebug in capturing css.

My code above has worked... it was just the css indicators have changed and having a hard time capturing correct via firebug.

So basically to answer you in total.. Trying to use Revslider to a full page size... the content is raised to adjust seeing it over the slider. Here is somewhat where we are right now...

having issues with height of slider and also in contact with Revslider author since there is no support about it from PL. Basically the slider code PL has is older code.

So trying to deal with that right now.

Here is the page with some css in place> http://bit.ly/19e3c2l

Posted · Report post

Alisa,

If I misunderstood your requirement, I apologize.  And yes, I'm compelled to direct people to the docs principally because 90% of people using online products never read the docs and I don't always have the answers they want, particularly when it comes to customization. 

DMS is new to you, but also new to me.  I'm not privy to any more advanced access to it than you were.  So we're learning together.  As you can see from the forum, I've got my hands full, not only with people misunderstanding the product, but also many who are just complaining for the sake of it. Some of them, downright insulting.  It's not easy to keep my temper!

That said, essentially you're trying to use the RevSlider as a background slider, which isn't its intended purpose.  Good idea, but possibly the wrong product.  This, added properly can do what you want:  http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/full-page-full-width-backgroud-slider/   Additionally, I think it will give you more flexibility than RevSlider for this use.  Have you seen/tried it?

Posted · Report post

The author of RevSlider did respond to me (and we also purchased the full page full width version of it from him) thats a different story...

However, they can not decipher what PL did to it in order to customize it... so with that said.... I'm on my own here for now..

Will try out the plugin above to see how it works, and will report back...

thanks

Posted · Report post

Thanks!