Photo
- - - - -

Footer, Sidebar, and Widget help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 bloggingbubba

bloggingbubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

I'm having some trouble understanding how to use these correctly. For example... If I enable the Widgetized footer sidebars in the Theme Options-Sidebar settings, go to the Widget menus, and then place widgets in any one of the available content areas, nothing happens. Unfortunately, I don't find that any of the Theme docs or video tutorials are helpful. I would like to learn how to use and customize them in general, but I just can't seem to figure this part out. Is there something that someone can advise, or redirect me to?

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

I think you are just confusing the names for each. The widgetized footer sidebars are the three column portion above the "footer columns" which is the five column portion. The 3-column version may not be on every page and thus you may be checking the wrong page for changes made to widgets? If you can post screenshots using IMGUR link below the submit button in this thread that would be helpful.

#3 bloggingbubba

bloggingbubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:27 AM

I'll have to come back to this one later. Basically, I need to better understand how these work - lower sidebar beneath the content, and widgets along the right margin. I know how to manipulate the main side bar. Anyway, perhaps I'm making it difficult on myself.

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:01 AM

In order to get the footer sidebar widgets to appear you need to first make sure the checkbox is enabled in:

Theme Options > Sidebar Options I believe.

And then you need to enable the checkbox to show it when editing individual pages, if you want it on all pages unfortunately you have to do it page by page.

Thanks, Bryan

#5 bloggingbubba

bloggingbubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:33 AM

Thanks, Bryan. I'll have to play with this some more. How much more easier... or friendlier... will this be with Framework? Probably a silly question, but I feel a need to ask anyway.