NavBar dropdown menu disappearing behind image slider

Question

Posted · Report post

I am creating a theme for a client and I added the Nav Bar (NOT the fixed nav bar...they did not want a fixed header) and they wanted nav bar right above the main image and slider images on other pages so it basically sits about 50px above the slider.

One of the pages has 4 pages in the dropdown. This shouldn't be a problem but when expanding the menu and dropping it down, part of it gets cut off and disappears behind the slider, etc.  I know z-index should be applied in normal situations but I have tried to add it to one class after another for the navbar and it's not working.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Customer wants it close...I can move the navbar up a bit and when it drops down, it's not cut off or "hidden" is a better word but the client wants it close and really need to figure this out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

James

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

It sounds like your menu may have been customized, and the lower level is sitting in the wrong z-index.  The result will be that when you go to activate that menu, it is in a layer behind something else.  You'd need to move that layer up a bit in the pecking order so that it displays when called upon.

Are you familiar with z-index?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi,

It sounds like your menu may have been customized, and the lower level is sitting in the wrong z-index.  The result will be that when you go to activate that menu, it is in a layer behind something else.  You'd need to move that layer up a bit in the pecking order so that it displays when called upon.

Are you familiar with z-index?

I'm having the same problem. I created a custom code

.behind

{

position:absolute;

z-index:-1;

}

Then added behind to the styling-class field for the slider and it still shows the menu drop down behind it.

Edited by nucleusmedia

Posted · Report post

Rather than creating a custom class, you have to find the element that's going to the back and bring it forth under the right circumstances.