How does it work scrollspy?

Question

Posted · Report post

How do you connect the sections/modules to scrollspy? We may add the class but I don't see where to add the title.

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi, when you just use normal markup in your WP text editor everything works fine following this docs: http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/using-scrollspy

However, your problem is, how you can markup heading in sections right? I don't know the answer, but maybe this is possible with using hooks, the filter part? 

I will follow this topic together with you ;-) to see if somebody can answer your question.

Posted · Report post

Hi, when you just use normal markup in your WP text editor everything works fine following this docs: http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/using-scrollspy

However, your problem is, how you can markup heading in sections right? I don't know the answer, but maybe this is possible with using hooks, the filter part? 

I will follow this topic together with you ;-) to see if somebody can answer your question.

So, I don't understand why they sell a product with the slogan "sites in minutes without coding".

I'm not asking special effects but a simple e trivial one page website with scrolling menu, as they are in any marketplace a 20$.

Posted · Report post

@layasamadhi  We can say that because if you're not customizing outside the scope of the settings, you can literally create a website in a matter of minutes.  The statement is not false. 

Willem, always trying to be helpful, refers to markup, but in truth, a straightforward website doesn't need any custom markup.

Here are the docs for Scrollspy:  http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/using-scrollspy

Posted · Report post

@layasamadhi  We can say that because if you're not customizing outside the scope of the settings, you can literally create a website in a matter of minutes.  The statement is not false. 

Willem, always trying to be helpful, refers to markup, but in truth, a straightforward website doesn't need any custom markup.

Here are the docs for Scrollspy:  http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/using-scrollspy

Click the docs and read tutorials are capable, and of course I've done before your indication.

But there is an issue that the documentation does not resolve. How can I add the attribute title="" to the various sections/modules?

Posted · Report post

To add the markup needed to set your scrollspy up and when clicked to scroll to that specific section. What I would do is drag and drop a TextBox section above all the sections you want to scroll to.

Then add the Scrollspy markup there and save. Then when you click the scrollspy menu item, it will scroll to that section.

For example.

TextBox containing scrollspy markup

Section

TextBox containing scrollspy markup

Section

Posted · Report post

Ok, but not really a solution because then I have to change the height of each TextBox. Really cumbersome.

Will be there an improvement? At the moment scrollspy is identical to PageLines framework and is extremely slow to load. I also tried with a dedicated server with ultra performance and it takes 4 seconds to load. An eternity.

Posted · Report post

layasamadhi"], @[member="Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Not sure if this topic is still active.

It could be interesting for you to take a look at Scroll Nav DMS, vertical scrolling menu that can be used the way you suggested above.