Site Width for Fixed with keeps adjusting back to 1120px - How do I stop it

Question

Posted · Report post

I want to keep the width of my site at 1100px wide.  I have changed it to fixed width and set it to 1100 using the dms adjuster and every time it resets itself to 1120 even after I have saved it.  Anyone else having this problem??

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Make sure your cache is cleared (browser, but more important, any cache plugin) because if it's locked in cache, you can do the process 1000 times and it's still going to show up in the original set into the cache.  That's why we placed that updater there. It clears the browser cache. However, if you have a cache plugin then it's going to still stick.

Posted · Report post

Hi lemostripe

This works fine to me (DMS Free version)

Please, you can try to clean your cache browser.

Perhaps this resolve the issue.

Posted · Report post

I want to keep the width of my site at 1100px wide.  I have changed it to fixed width and set it to 1100 using the dms adjuster and every time it resets itself to 1120 even after I have saved it.  Anyone else having this problem??

Make sure your layout width is set to "pixel" and not "perecentage" (even though there doesn't seem to be  a way to set the percentage value).

Posted · Report post

Yes, I have it set to pixel width and not percentage and it still keeps reverting back to 1120 when I set it to 1100 over and over again.  Any help is appreciated!

Posted · Report post

I have the same issue. In addition, the width indicator pops up when I drag but it does not show any values, just this:

Width: /

Help please.

Posted · Report post

I have the same issue. In addition, the width indicator pops up when I drag but it does not show any values, just this:

Width: /

Help please.

I read another post where the moderator suggested disabling plugins. That did it for me. The culprit was Simple Contact Form Revisited Widget.