Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So we cannot use the hooker plugin in DMS at all without adding a child theme?

Question

Posted · Report post

We have been customizing sites with the old framework for about a year and loved it.  We could easily add hooks into the site (for example a line under the post title or a footer design at the bottom of the site) but now it seems we cannot do that without going through all the hoops of creating a child theme? 

Please tell me I am missing something here.  We have been with pagelines for almost a year now and have used the custom CSS code plus the hooker plugin to make some awesome custom sites.  Now, it seems a lot more complicated? 

I have read the docs on hooks a couple times and this just seems way more complicated than it used to be.  Are we getting hooker back for DMS?

And I cannot even attempt to create a child theme because the base theme is not available for download.  

Please help!

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thank you for your help but is this the only way?  Does anybody know if the hooker plugin is gone?

Thanks, 

Posted · Report post

Hi again

I read in this

http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/hooks

They said

"All hooks are added to the functions.php file, which is located in either the Base Theme or the PageLines Customize Plugin, depending on the Customization Method you have chosen"

So we need wait

;)

Posted · Report post

Yea, I saw that too.  I have my base child theme installed and ready to go but I have no idea how to write php for hooks and I have been reading all about them.  The hooker plugin basically let you choose the place you wanted to inject the hook from a dropdown menu, then you popped in your code and saved it.  Simple and easy.  

I thought the whole idea of this DMS was to make customizing easy so I don't understand why they would take away the awesome hook function they had in the old framework.  

If anyone has a any suggestions for how to easily add hooks into a base child theme, please let me know!  

Posted · Report post

HI lemonstripe

I think it will be soon in store if this in the docs (I hope, this plugin is more usefully to me, I´m a newbie)

;)