Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Customizing Quick Slider

Question

Posted · Report post

I am trying to change the size and remove the shadow from the Quick Slider section of my site. I would like the slider to be taller and not so horizontal. I have tried to use the Inspect Element function in Chrome to find where the code for the shadow and the overall dimensions of the slider are so I can change them, but there's so much code and I'm new to web design, so I have no idea where to start. Thank you advance for your help! 

The site is here:

http://angelawdesign.com/

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The shadow can be removed using CSS, which you can find with tools like Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tool. The key with these tools, is to use the menu of layers over the HTML area, which displays different elements of CSS in the right side CSS box.

The height of your Quick Slider is based on the height of the image. If you add a 400px high slide, it will appear 400px high, however, I strongly recommend that you keep all the images consistent in height.   The slides should also size to the width of the image as well.

Posted · Report post

FYI, taking the site down for now, but the Quick Slider I'm using is just straight out of the box. There is a gray shadow around the entire slider I'd like to get rid of and I'd like increase the height of the whole thing.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Rob! 

Posted · Report post

You're very welcome