Photo
- - - - -

Fatal Error with Pagelines Framework

fatal error

Best Answer Rob , 08 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

I'd just recommend deactivating that plugin completely and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, try to find a replacement plugin.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peters_publishing

peters_publishing

• Members

• 152 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

I'm seeing this error in my logs: 

- PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function setup_pagelines_template() in /var/www/html/skypeenglishclasses/wp-content/themes/pagelines/index.php on line 50

I'm running the Base Pagelines Theme v 1.0.2 with Wordpress 3.5.2. My site is www.SkypeEnglishClasses.com.

Thanks!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

It would appear you may have a plugin conflict that's affecting that PageLines line of code.

The installation of Framework itself is probably not incorrect. So it must be coming from a 3rd party source. 

Try deactivating your plugins.  How often is the error being logged?

#3 peters_publishing

peters_publishing

• Members

• 152 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

Ok, so a closer inspection of the logs shows that the problem is somehow related to our use of the Sucuri Scanner plugin.

For some reason Sucuri's scanner tries to access the URL /wp-content/themes/pagelines/. This URL loads the file /wp-content/themes/pagelines/index.php which calls a function that is loaded only after a full WordPress bootstrap. That leads to the error below:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function setup_pagelines_template() in /(...)/wp-content/themes/pagelines/index.php on line 50

This would appear to be a bug within Pagelines, because either:

a. The URL is supposed to work, but it doesn't

b. The URL is not supposed to work, but the error is being handled with a PHP fatal error.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:09 PM   Best Answer

I'd just recommend deactivating that plugin completely and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, try to find a replacement plugin.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fatal error