Photo
- - - - -

Carousel photos from posts not showing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 andulka

andulka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:47 AM

I'm apparently having a bad computer day/week/month...
Now the problem is the carousel page, which isn't working for me. The theme is Station Pro and I'm trying to add a carousel page using the 'links from posts' option. When I try this on a test blog with similar settings, it's working, but not on the actual blog. As far as I can see, I'm not doing anything differently.
Created a few test posts with some content and a feature photo, then a new carousel page and selected the posts setting. All I get is a blank black field on top of the page with the scroll buttons at both ends, but there isn't even the empty image spaces that would normally appear in place of photos that doesn't exist.
Any ideas? (Can't provide a sample page as obviously I'm not having a page like that online and I was mainly testing anyway). The site itself is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:17 AM

I could be wrong, but links from posts might just make it so that the carousel links to the different posts you have. You may actually still need to set the photos in the carousel.

Thanks, Bryan

#3 andulka

andulka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

It does work in a test blog with the same settings though. Posts without any feature photo show as empty boxes in the carousel, but in the actual blog all I get is just the blank bar. Would adding the photos need to be done using Flickr then?

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

Make sure you have a minimum of 8 images for the carousel so in this case 8 posts. Also, have you changed code? Because the carousel page template wouldn't be used with the blog page unless you've modified something, or you'd need to to get it working. in template_posts.php you would need this ` if(is_page_template('page-carousel.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel-full.php')) $carousel_page = true; else $carousel_page = false; ` to be this ` if(is_page_template('page-carousel.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel-full.php') || is_home()) $carousel_page = true; else $carousel_page = false; `

#5 andulka

andulka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

OK, thanks, I'll see how it goes. I was actually testing on a normal page with the carousel template, but to be able to use it on a blog page might be requested as well. Although I have several, the news is the default blog page and then there are three others, which are categories I've added to the dropdown under Blog menu. If I were to use it on a blog page, it would be one of those.