Photo
- - - - -

Align a DIV to the bottom of a Clip

clip align magazine

Best Answer Rob , 02 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Hi,

It seems to me, and I'm no expert in this, that you'll need to use a hook or, if you're using Framework, you'll need to modify the section by cloning it to your child theme (base theme is recommended), and editing the clone to include those shortcodes in the bottom, just before the clip ends. That will ensure that you're able to align them to the bottom.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 evanders

evanders

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:22 AM

I am using Magazine Style posts on my blog page. I noticed that the default behavior is to automatically set the "min-height" attribute to adjust to the height of the clips so they match in size, and fit the title and excerpt nicely within. 

I'm trying to take the metabar and, using CSS, align it to the bottom of the clip. While normally this would seem straightforward using the "position" attribute, the way this is designed prevents this.

I've been looking at the code, and it's the following line that controls the height of the clips:

<div class="hentry-pad blocks" style="min-height: 611px;">

Does anyone know how I could accomplish this? 

My site is local, but I've attached a screenshot for reference: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:34 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

It seems to me, and I'm no expert in this, that you'll need to use a hook or, if you're using Framework, you'll need to modify the section by cloning it to your child theme (base theme is recommended), and editing the clone to include those shortcodes in the bottom, just before the clip ends. That will ensure that you're able to align them to the bottom.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clip, align, magazine