Photo
- - - - -

Replacing default search with a different search bar

search jigoshop customize navbar

Best Answer Rob , 08 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

I'm not sure if a shortcode works in the menu, but a PHP tag, or an i call (as for Font Awesome) will work. You're free to try it.

Just go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and create a new Custom Link.  In the link field, try placing # (which defaults as nothing) and add your shortcode in the Label field.  That should make the call from the shortcode display the search.  Save it.  If it doesn't work, try it with the shortcode in the link field and skip the #.

Save the menu item. Save the menu.  And inspect it. Let us know.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dyl0310

dyl0310

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

hello. im using jigoshop for pagelines. i have a product search widget (also have a shortcode for the widget) i know i can disable the default search bar in the navbar, but was wondering if there's a way to replace it with the product search? any suggestions?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

Hi,

My recommendation would be to use the widget in a sidebar, so you can tell visitors they're searching the store only.

However, if you'd like, you can use the shortcode in a menu item adding it in the label field via your menu item at Dashboard > Appearance > Menus.

#3 dyl0310

dyl0310

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

i want to replace where the default searchform is with the jigoshop search. i also dont understand the menu thing... is there a way to just directly replace the default searchbar with the jigoshop searchbar? it's strictly an ecommerce site. i dont need a search for pages and posts only products. i have never like a site with a searchbar anywhere but in the nav.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:07 PM   Best Answer

I'm not sure if a shortcode works in the menu, but a PHP tag, or an i call (as for Font Awesome) will work. You're free to try it.

Just go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and create a new Custom Link.  In the link field, try placing # (which defaults as nothing) and add your shortcode in the Label field.  That should make the call from the shortcode display the search.  Save it.  If it doesn't work, try it with the shortcode in the link field and skip the #.

Save the menu item. Save the menu.  And inspect it. Let us know.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: search, jigoshop, customize, navbar