Replacing default search with a different search bar

Question

Posted · Report post

hello. im using jigoshop for pagelines. i have a product search widget (also have a shortcode for the widget) i know i can disable the default search bar in the navbar, but was wondering if there's a way to replace it with the product search? any suggestions?

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure if a shortcode works in the menu, but a PHP tag, or an i call (as for Font Awesome) will work. You're free to try it.

Just go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and create a new Custom Link.  In the link field, try placing # (which defaults as nothing) and add your shortcode in the Label field.  That should make the call from the shortcode display the search.  Save it.  If it doesn't work, try it with the shortcode in the link field and skip the #.

Save the menu item. Save the menu.  And inspect it. Let us know.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

My recommendation would be to use the widget in a sidebar, so you can tell visitors they're searching the store only.

However, if you'd like, you can use the shortcode in a menu item adding it in the label field via your menu item at Dashboard > Appearance > Menus.

Posted · Report post

i want to replace where the default searchform is with the jigoshop search. i also dont understand the menu thing... is there a way to just directly replace the default searchbar with the jigoshop searchbar? it's strictly an ecommerce site. i dont need a search for pages and posts only products. i have never like a site with a searchbar anywhere but in the nav.