Photo
- - - - -

qtranslate and pageline features + boxes link issue

language qtranslate links

Best Answer Rob , 02 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Hi,

It looks like you'll need some kind of browser redirect system or browser language detection (possibly both).

This is not an easy thing to manage using WordPress.  Most websites with foreign language versions have a complely translated sub-site for each language.  QTranslate does that translation for you, but doesn't change the direction of links based on language, as you're seeing.

By having a sub-site in each language, you're able to keep links directed within that language.  Some redirect plugins are able to guide links, but one cannot be sure they'll work if you don't have the correct pages available.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yoni

yoni

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hi dear Pageline community,

I have a multilingual website using the qtranslate plugin and pagelines pro. i created a child theme.

the site is at christinabernier.com

my problem is that the links from the features and the boxes will point to the default language of the site (which is french) so english speaking users are always forwarded back to the french page.

here are exemples:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

if you click on one the boxes you are directed to the french version...

I read the following topic but it is not doing anything on my site... 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

could you help?

thank you

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:08 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

It looks like you'll need some kind of browser redirect system or browser language detection (possibly both).

This is not an easy thing to manage using WordPress.  Most websites with foreign language versions have a complely translated sub-site for each language.  QTranslate does that translation for you, but doesn't change the direction of links based on language, as you're seeing.

By having a sub-site in each language, you're able to keep links directed within that language.  Some redirect plugins are able to guide links, but one cannot be sure they'll work if you don't have the correct pages available.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: language, qtranslate, links