6 replies to this topic

#1 peter88

peter88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hi,

is it possible to show always the subpages/child menuitems of the first level element in the sidebar. For example I'm in the first level page (Parent1) and i want to list the second and third level in the sidebar (Child 1-3). And if I navigate in the second and third level (Child 1-3) I also want that all child pages are shown in the sidebar (Child 1-3).

Parent1 (for example custom posttype added to menu)

---Child1 (for example custom posttype added to menu)

---------Child3 (for example page)

---Child2 (for example page)

In my navigation menu i have also custom posttypes (added to the menu). How can i show them?

How can i add this functionality (without change in the core files of the plugins) or could update the section?

Thank you very much for you help

Greetings Peter

#2 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 204 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI
  • Framework Version:latest stable & beta releases

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

Hi @peter88,

Regarding your first question about changing the display behavior of the child items.  This would require modifying the code, as such behavior is not possible with the currently available options.

About custom post types, they are not showing up in your menu?  Please elaborate on the settings you are using (mode & behavior) as well as info about your custom post type.  It sounds like you're using menu mode correct?

If there is a problem with the section, I will definitely deploy an update for it!  I need to be able to replicate the issue though so I can see what's going on.

#3 peter88

peter88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hi @peter88,

Regarding your first question about changing the display behavior of the child items.  This would require modifying the code, as such behavior is not possible with the currently available options.

About custom post types, they are not showing up in your menu?  Please elaborate on the settings you are using (mode & behavior) as well as info about your custom post type.  It sounds like you're using menu mode correct?

If there is a problem with the section, I will definitely deploy an update for it!  I need to be able to replicate the issue though so I can see what's going on.

Hi Evan,

I have the mode now set to WP Menu and the custom post types are visible in the Sidekick...it was my mistake. But could you add a behaviour that the first level page or custom post type menu is not visible because i only want show level 2 and 3 in the Sidekick nav. So if the user clicks to a level 1,2,3 menu item there should be always level 2,3 in the Sidekick because level 1 is in the header hero main nav :)

thanks for help

best greets

peter

#4 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 204 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

@peter88,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you may be asking for the function of the "Hide Root Link" option.  This will hide the top-most parent link from the menu.  Is that what you mean?

#5 peter88

peter88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hi Evan,

exactly you can look for example to this website....http://trench.at/en/...nt-Transformers

It shows in the left sidebar always the second and third level navigation menu item....

thx

peter

#6 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 204 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:35 AM

Hi Peter,

This looks to me looks like what you would get if you had the Hide Root Link option on, however, this option only works with the Page Hierarchy mode.  Is it possible for you to use this mode?

I did notice that the hierarchy mode does not currently support custom post types, but I already have a fix for this :)

#7 peter88

peter88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

Hi Evan,

the mode works. Please inform me how and when i can get the fix :)

thx Peter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sidekick