Ubermenu, etc

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi.

Business account. I would like to use ubermenu for navigation. Searching forum, recommendation was to replace Navbar with Classic Nav in Drag & Drop. I don't see classic nav as option - I do see Navbar and Secondary Navbar. Is classic only option for Pageline 2.4.3 framework?

Is there another way to use third party Nav menu? No shortcodes. 

Thanks. 

Shelley

41 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi

I know I've recommended UberMenu, and for a brief minute I did get it to work on DMS, but for the life of me, I don't remember how. That's scary since I love ubermenu on my own site and want to use it in DMS.

I've opened a topic at their support forum asking them to find a solution for DMS. I'll report their findings as soon as they reply.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi

I know I've recommended UberMenu, and for a brief minute I did get it to work on DMS, but for the life of me, I don't remember how. That's scary since I love ubermenu on my own site and want to use it in DMS.

I've opened a topic at their support forum asking them to find a solution for DMS. I'll report their findings as soon as they reply.

Thanks Rob,

Me too. Somehow, for a brief few minutes, it was working. Last night I tried in vain to recreate the steps, but couldn't find the magic sequence. 

Posted · Report post

Count me in as wanting to get UberMenu to work in DMS.

Posted · Report post

I also have been trying but have had no luck getting this working. It does not want to show up for me

Posted · Report post

I'm in contact with UberMenu's developers and they're working on it.  I've also alerted our developers to their initial reply.  Hopefully there will be some progress soon.

Posted · Report post

This will be good, I know from our teams design we want to have an Ubermenu on the site that will really make it all come together! Please keep us in the loop Rob, You are doing an amazing job

Posted · Report post

Thanks and will do!

Posted · Report post

Count me in as interested in this too. Thanks Rob!

Posted · Report post

Absolutely

Posted · Report post

Have there been any updates on Ubermenu? I have he site ready to go and just waiting on uber menu

Posted · Report post

The section has been completed by UberMenu.  We're just waiting on getting into our Store as a free product for DMS users to grab. I've tested it, and it works well.

Posted · Report post

Awesome!

Posted · Report post

That is fantastic news! Is there an ETA we should expect this new free section? I know I am excited to implement it all!

Posted · Report post

No ETA, but it should be very soon.  I'm pushing as much as I can.

Posted · Report post

Good news...I need to integrate the plugin as well

Posted · Report post

Hi Rob, 

I'm hoping to use ubermenu as well. So thanks for the hard work! Looking forward to the ETA. :)

Cheers. 

Posted · Report post

Great news, thanks Rob.

Posted · Report post

Rob I know we are all excited for this! Have you seen any bugs with using it? I am just working with our team to design our new site in DMS and this would finish it off. Just want to see what we should be ready for.

Posted · Report post

Well, I'm not seeing the one thing I wanted from it... which was the full-width drop downs with an internal structure. Ubermenu seems to be getting some of the same structure in terms of drop downs, as NavBar's handling of parent, child and grandchild.  However, it looks SOOOOO much better, and I can control so many more options that I'm willing to forego that one thing. 

I've made them aware of it, and it may be some setting I'm missing.  Let's face it, Ubermenu has tons of settings, which is what makes it so great, but if you're not really familiar with everything, its easy to miss some critical thing.  I'm hoping I did just that.

Posted · Report post

Rob that sounds great! small bug but i am sure that will be ironed out. and we are now just waiting on it to be approved by the pagelines team?

Posted · Report post

Actually, it turned out it was a setting I ignored, so not a bug.   I checked Activate Mega Menu in the Home link (with no child or grandchild menu items), and forgot I have to do that only for the parent items where child links are in place. My bad!

But, in the meantime, I have a little good news from Chris at Sevenspark. Click the link below and you'll be pleased.

http://sevenspark.com/docs/ubermenu-pagelines-dms

I have to add that you should add the section to a child theme's sections folder and NOT to the core sections to avoid it being overwritten with some future update.  

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Thank you so much Rob you are awesome.

Posted · Report post

It's a pleasure.   I love Ubermenu and want to keep it going in DMS, too.

Posted · Report post

It works..... amazing.  Guys :D