masthead in header of homepage only?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey guys, 

I am trying to get a masthead to only appear on the homepage of my site. While using DMS, I try to do local section options it works fine, but it's still posting to every other page as well. 

Any ideas on how to disable it from showing on all the other pages?

Thanks!
Jason

www.zox.la

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Clodis,  I agree. Some testing by and site developer before full implementation would be in order.  Just to learn how things go.  Most of the problems stem from people pushing buttons and ringing bells without reading the manual.  Unfortunately, we can't change the nature of a header to be localized as requested.

One could emulate a masthead using a sidebar with text widget in the header, and applying Widget Logic to tell the text widget where to appear. But the best method is the one I described above. Top item, just below the header.

Posted · Report post

Hey guys, 

I am trying to get a masthead to only appear on the homepage of my site. While using DMS, I try to do local section options it works fine, but it's still posting to every other page as well. 

Any ideas on how to disable it from showing on all the other pages?

Thanks!
Jason

www.zox.la

You could try creating a template based on the home page and use that template just for the home page, whilst using the default or another one for all others. You can also assign these templates to individual pages from WP backend.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Navigador, the issue I'm having though is that a masthead in the header doesn't seem to want to stick with a template even after I save it if I go and delete it on another page. Saving templates has not done anything for me so far, and I don't see where I can assign mastheads to templates like the old drag and drop Pagelines system had. Any ideas? 

Posted · Report post

Anyone?

Posted · Report post

Thanks Steve, for your contribution.

Jason,  adding any section to the Header or Footer are, by nature, global elements. Have you considered just adding the Masthead below the header as the first element under it on a static homepage, and creating a custom template for that page?

That would be the easiest method.

Posted · Report post

Of course the current state DMS still has many shortcomings, perhaps we needed to wait to run it, we hope to get quick updates on all functions.

1 person likes this