Css codes for pagelines sections

Question

Posted · Report post

So why can't we have a list of the css codes that apply to each pagelines section to make the styling classes and custom css easier? For example:

Hero Section

.pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero h1 > Changes the style of the title of the hero section

iBox Section

What I've noticed is that every time someone asks a question about css and styling classes, the default answer is go to Chrome developer tools / firefox / etc. and find the css. I understand that for the more savvy people, that may be the easiest way. But for me (a newbie), that's only useful if you know what you're looking for (i.e.. that .pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero h1) equals  title areas of the Hero section. Eg. I'd like to change the colour of the icon-font in my ibox section, but for the life of me, I can't work out which are the right codes to use (I've been trying with Google Chrome).

Obviously, I am not a coder and am very ignorant around all this stuff. I can't help thinking that a list would be pretty useful. Thanks anyway.

1 person likes this

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi ppotent

I give you an example, you add this

Custome Code

.pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero h1 {

font-size: 40px;}

And you change the size of the hero title

My exemplary code is not necessarily applicable as written, to your site, so please adjust accordingly.

See the image:

Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%25202013-07-

You can see more information at

http://docs.pageline...ess-css-support

You should be using Firebug for Firefox to inspect the site and find the appropriate code, then transferring/editing it into Custom Code via Chrome in the Visual Editor's Custom Code area.

You can see this for Firebug

http://getfirebug.com/html

If you need more CSS help, make sure you've downloaded Firebug for Firefox

and check out W3 Schools for more info. 

http://www.w3schools.com/

Please, you try to learn it slowly, you make examples, this is very easy, I'm a newbie too.

I learn searching at forum.

;)

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the info - I have been using Firebug and after a while identifying the correct classes and making CSS changes starts to make sense. But I'm really struggling to do the same with Chrome since I had to switch for DMS. Since developer tools are built in to Chrome it should have the same function but I can't identify anything!

Posted · Report post

Hi nfp1900

The same thing happens with Chrome, is more friendly Firefox to me.
I should practice more with "this Chrome"
:geek: