Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Activation - Fatal Error

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys,

I decided to try out your web host, Flywheel and got a Beta account.

Everything was fantastic earlier until I activated DMS. For a few hours I just got a plain white screen. Then I got the following Error Message:

Notice: get_theme_data is deprecated since version 3.4! Use wp_get_theme() instead. in /www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2841 Notice: get_theme_data is deprecated since version 3.4! Use wp_get_theme() instead. in /www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2841 Notice: get_theme_data is deprecated since version 3.4! Use wp_get_theme() instead. in /www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2841 Fatal error: Call to undefined method PLNavBar::opt() in /www/wp-content/themes/dms/sections/navbar/section.php on line 216

I contacted Flywheel's Help Desk and this is what they had to say:

The reason that the errors started appearing was because I turned on WP_DEBUG for your site.

Looking at the messages, your theme is trying to call a method that does not exist.

> Fatal error: Call to undefined method PLNavBar::opt() in
> /www/wp-content/themes/dms/sections/navbar/section.php on line 216

That shows that PLNavBar::opt() isn’t in any of the loaded files on the server. Is it possible that you’re missing a plugin that you have installed locally? Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

• There are no plug-ins installed so that definitely isn't a problem.
  • Also - I dont have this problem at all in my local WordPress dev sandbox powered by DesktopServer (http://serverpress.com/products/desktopserver/) (the only serious problem there is not having the ability to actually preview my site to see what what my experiment looks like).
SO - I have turned off the WP_DEBUG and Flushed the Cache, but now get the following Error Message:

The website encountered an error while retrievinghttp://iconicimagery.flywheelsites.com/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Error code: 500

Any ideas?

Fortunately with their set-up I can easily delete this site and start over, but without using DMS it seems (which I really don't want to have to do - DMS is bloody awesome!)

Cheers!

Lisa

1 answer to this question

Posted (edited) · Report post

ADDENDUM - Just tried a free account with the other Hosting service, Zippy Kid, and the exact same thing happened - minus getting an actual error message.... nothing but white screen at wp-admin and live site. Only difference is this time I didn't even get a chance to Activate - I uploaded, did a Live Preview which looked OK ... and then the server went.

Edited by iconicimagery