Photo
Hero Nav

How do I set the breaking point for Hero Nav?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chan08

chan08

Advanced Member

• Members

• 37 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

Hi Evan, 

Great work on the section! It's been a life saver for me. Just had a quick question, was wondering if it was possible to set Hero Nav to show the mobile menu at a larger resolution. 

Currently it seems to break into the mobile menu at around 600px. Can this number be change to something larger. 

I'm attaching a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about. You see how the menu basically slides underneath the logo and some items get hidden? Trying to avoid that. Or you could tell me how to make the logo responsive :)

#2 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 231 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI
  • Framework Version:latest stable & beta releases

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

Hey @chan08,

That's an interesting idea.  The breakpoint is currently set to use the @resPortraitTablet less variable which is set to 767px by default.  There is no option at the moment to change this, but perhaps I'll add it.  If you wanted to change this value, you could do so by copying the core framework's variables.less file into a directory in your child theme named 'less' (filename must be the same).  You could then change the value of that variable to something higher, but it may effect other things as well in a way that may not be practical.  I'm not really sure.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the media queries for it only kick in when the site is in some responsive mode (not fixed width), but it looks like you're using one of those.

Let me know how that works for you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hero Nav