Photo
- - - - -

Help with several issues

Pagelines sections plugins themes DMS

Best Answer Rob , 30 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Hi Gary,

First thing is I can no longer login to my Pagelines dashboard in Wordpress Admin on any of my Pagelines sites and therefore have no access to the sections I purchased.

Go to http://launchpad.pagelines.com to get your previously purchased products

This issue also is also effecting my ability to build new sites in V2 as I can not activate the sections plugin and again can't access the sections I have purchased. I have a client waiting on a site on which the visuals were based on a theme I have purchased so this is causing me a serious issue now.

It's a gosh awful work-around, but if you have another site with PageLines Section plugin working, FTP in to wp-content/plugins and find pagelines-sections.  You can then copy it (download) to your dashboard.

Just upload it to the new site.  Remove sections from the uploaded plugin. Then, go to Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins and activate PageLines Sections.

It will then be working and you can begin adding sections via the Store, again.

Although the activation seems to work I can see none of my previously purchased sections or updated versions of them which again means I can not build anything with DMS at present.

We're still working to sort this out.  Keep in mind, that many of your previously purchased products are not yet updated for DMS.  They will be added to DMS as soon as they've been updated. As you know many are third party, so we can't really get any specific idea from them when they'll update.  We're pushing, rest assured.

Lastly, the dashboard and store issues in both products will be resolved as quickly as possible.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

Hi Guys

Sorry to hassle you, I know you've been doing through it over the last couple of weeks but I have a couple of issues with DMS and Pagelines V2 that I need a little help with. I have tried sorting it through the 300 on Skype but I'm not getting the answers I need.

Pagelines Version 2

• First thing is I can no longer login to my Pagelines dashboard in Wordpress Admin on any of my Pagelines sites and therefore have no access to the sections I purchased.
  • This issue also is also effecting my ability to build new sites in V2 as I can not activate the sections plugin and again can't access the sections I have purchased. I have a client waiting on a site on which the visuals were based on a theme I have purchased so this is causing me a serious issue now.

I do plan to continue to build sites in V2 until everything is sorted and I can am comfortable with DMS so these issues are presently more important than my DMS issue.

Pagelines DMS

• Although the activation seems to work I can see none of my previously purchased sections or updated versions of them which again means I can not build anything with DMS at present.
  • When I previously activated DMS I could see my previously purchased sections and plugins but all options for editing the colour/size etc were missing. I guess this is due to the updated versions not being available yet or not being available using the software. I understand that this is not effecting new users so was wondering when this is going to get sorted.

There is no point of me listing domains etc to you for my V2 issues as the problem is basically effecting all of them. My DMS issues are effecting a test site I set up to play with it as I currently have no live DMS sites. I can give you access to anything you need to demonstrate my issues.

I have deleted/installed/reinstalled Wordpress, DMS and the database several times over the last couple of weeks to sort the issues stated above as I know you are busy with stuff but I just can't sort my issues.

Again sorry for the hassle and I have to say I think DMS is amazing at a glance although I have been unable to work with it yet due to the teething problems.

Anyway I hope to hear from you soon as the situation is now getting pretty desperate.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Gary

• youstkatmtc likes this

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:38 PM   Best Answer

Hi Gary,

First thing is I can no longer login to my Pagelines dashboard in Wordpress Admin on any of my Pagelines sites and therefore have no access to the sections I purchased.

Go to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to get your previously purchased products

This issue also is also effecting my ability to build new sites in V2 as I can not activate the sections plugin and again can't access the sections I have purchased. I have a client waiting on a site on which the visuals were based on a theme I have purchased so this is causing me a serious issue now.

It's a gosh awful work-around, but if you have another site with PageLines Section plugin working, FTP in to wp-content/plugins and find pagelines-sections.  You can then copy it (download) to your dashboard.

Just upload it to the new site.  Remove sections from the uploaded plugin. Then, go to Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins and activate PageLines Sections.

It will then be working and you can begin adding sections via the Store, again.

Although the activation seems to work I can see none of my previously purchased sections or updated versions of them which again means I can not build anything with DMS at present.

We're still working to sort this out.  Keep in mind, that many of your previously purchased products are not yet updated for DMS.  They will be added to DMS as soon as they've been updated. As you know many are third party, so we can't really get any specific idea from them when they'll update.  We're pushing, rest assured.

Lastly, the dashboard and store issues in both products will be resolved as quickly as possible.

#3 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Thanks Rob

Thats very helpful buddy and to be fair is all I need at present. I know its as long as a piece of string with this stuff (it takes as long as it takes) but... Do you think that the issues could be resolved at any point next week? I guess you probably can't answer that 100% but I only ask as I have a couple of pretty major websites to build for a serious new client and I want to make a decision on whether to go with V2 or DMS. I would rather use DMS as you have to start somewhere so why not jump in, Who Dares Wins! ;-)

One other slight technical problem, I am part of the 300 and although I do consider myself to be a bit of a techie (27 years in graphic design and 15 in web ) but I ashamed to say that the Freenode username thing has me stumped. I seem to recall someone posting a blog or something about how to do it on Skype but the channel is so active I can't find it.

Chin up mate and thanks again.

Cheers

Gary

#4 adamspoon24

adamspoon24

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

Rob do you mean to download the "Pagelines-sections" folder and upload that to the new site via FTP?

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yes. A child theme's sections folder works well too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pagelines, sections, plugins, themes, DMS