Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#23 Martin Bay

Martin Bay

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Framework Version:Latest :)

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Yes anywhere for the free plugins - I would like lazy-loader for re project???

#24 idea15

idea15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

If we're talking about alternates until Pagelines is up and running again, it would help greatly if PL could provide a basic download link to the Pagelines framework base child theme, which of course is only available through the store.

I tried borrowing the base child theme from another launched project but even without any customisation within that child theme, trying to activate it in the new client's fresh install gave me a white screen of death.

I just want to get a client's project started for them and get us back on schedule. It does not need any of the extra/paid PL sections or plugins.

#25 vladoliki

vladoliki

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

Guys, I believe some ETA for the fix on this issue would be much appreciated. Relying on workarounds is not what we're paying for and certainly a more open PR approach is needed when addressing such substantial problems, especially at times when you're trying to push a new pricing scheme  :phew:

• lakersalex likes this

#26 dreamsight

dreamsight

• Members

• 200 posts
  • LocationCheltenham
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

This is taking to long! I have 5 client sites that haven't been started yet and I'm paying for a designer to sit here and twiddle his thumbs all week.

Pagelines please put plugins, framework, child themes, etc. somewhere online so we can at least carry on. And more importantly WHEN is this going to be sorted out?

COME ON PAGELINES, ANSWER THEE QUESTIONS AND LET YOUR CUSTOMERS KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING!

• vladoliki and iycatt like this

#27 aerta

aerta

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

About time they got this sorted out now. Never mind DMS trumpet blowing - give the rest of us back what we've paid for!

#28 dreamsight

dreamsight

• Members

• 200 posts
  • LocationCheltenham

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

I can' even use the DMS because they've cocked up my account. V frustrating

#29 lakersalex

lakersalex

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Framework Version:DMS 2.0

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

I'm following this topic to learn the status of restoration of Framework to full operational capability. Thank you!

#30 wspencerii

wspencerii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

I am unable to do the same. Obviously this topic is hot and seems as though they are working on it. I also cannot log into the lauchpad either. Ive changed my password now twice cause I thought it was my own fault. Hopefully this will be fixed soon?!

#31 rabergemann

rabergemann

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

I am adding comments to a number of forum posts - in the hope that one of them will get a reply.    :growl: 

I think for most people working outside wordpress, there is a temporary solution via launchpad.  However, for those of working through wordpress, we cannot do ANYTHING for our sites because our usernames are not recognised and therefore we cannot access the Pagelines dashboard.  All our feeds are disabled, etc.    I agree that we should get an expected uptime - we were initially told it would be Monday.

My penny's work?  Forget DMS!  Get your basic system back to where it was first for your paying customers and THEN look at DMS for those who want it.

• iycatt likes this

#32 aerta

aerta

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

Agree 100%. All the effort seems to be going into bigging up DMS when Pagelines should be concentrating on restoring the existing framework. How long does it take to restore a back-up, for ****'s sake? Doesn't make me too eager to take on DMS when this is the level of legacy support. TBH I'm already looking elsewhere as a long-term replacement for Pagelines...

• flidget likes this

#33 idea15

idea15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Right, I can now activate my login account from within a client's fresh WordPress install, and I can see the store items, but when I try to install the base theme I get

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

It's Saturday morning and I should be taking my kid to the park. Instead I'm having to check whether I can get a client project back on track for the nth time since the system went offline. Come on, Pagelines.

• flidget likes this

#34 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

Base theme isn't yet created specific for DMS.

So, to use it, you have to get the zip file, unzip it, then, via FTP, navigate to wp-content/themes and upload the unzipped pagelines-template-theme to that area. You'll then see wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme. 

Browse to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and activate the Base theme. It should work.

#35 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 290 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

Base theme isn't yet created specific for DMS.

So, to use it, you have to get the zip file, unzip it, then, via FTP, navigate to wp-content/themes and upload the unzipped pagelines-template-theme to that area. You'll then see wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme. 

Browse to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and activate the Base theme. It should work.

Also, make sure in the style.css folder of Base Theme to change Template: pagelines to Template: dms

Screenshot_8_4_13_4_51_PM.jpg

#36 dreamsight

dreamsight

• Members

• 200 posts
  • LocationCheltenham

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Agree 100%. All the effort seems to be going into bigging up DMS when Pagelines should be concentrating on restoring the existing framework. How long does it take to restore a back-up, for ****'s sake? Doesn't make me too eager to take on DMS when this is the level of legacy support. TBH I'm already looking elsewhere as a long-term replacement for Pagelines...

Let me know if you find anything replacement-wise, we'd be interested as well

#37 dreamsight

dreamsight

• Members

• 200 posts
  • LocationCheltenham

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

I can sign in to clients site now, but when "You need to install and activate PageLines Sections Plugin" I'm getting...

Fatal error!

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Can I get the zip file for this and ftp it?

#38 bleuy

bleuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

Yes you can @dreamsite.  See 3rd line down

Ubermenu doesn't work yet with DMS.

However, I've written to them and they're trying to find  a fix.

Meanwhile, via 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

you can download theme-pagelines-template-theme.zip.  It is to be installed as a theme. Make sure it is in a folder named pagelines-template-theme.  In there, you will find a sections folder. 

You can then unzip the plugin-pagelines-legacy-sections.zip and upload them manually, via FTP to that sections folder (wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme/sections).

You should then have access to the old sections. However, I don't know if they'll work.  And definitely don't know yet if Ubermenu will work.  I've opened a thread on their site and have been in touch with them. We're working on it, cooperatively.

Hope that helps

• dreamsight likes this

#39 dreamsight

dreamsight

• Members

• 200 posts
  • LocationCheltenham

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

thank you bleuy

#40 noomaking

noomaking

• Members

• 27 posts
  • LocationDelaware
  • Framework Version:Pagelines Framework Developer Edition,DMS

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

Framework allows me to login. RSS feeds are not working. The Plus extensions box errors with the following message.

Notice: Undefined index: link in /Users/oak_web/Sites/wp_oak/wp-content/themes/pagelines/admin/t.dashboard.php on line 238 Notice: Undefined index: link in /Users/oak_web/Sites/wp_oak/wp-content/themes/pagelines/admin/t.dashboard.php on line 239 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Users/oak_web/Sites/wp_oak/wp-content/themes/pagelines/admin/t.dashboard.php on line 243 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Users/oak_web/Sites/wp_oak/wp-content/themes/pagelines/admin/t.dashboard.php on line 269

Then there is an install button that does not appear to install anything.

This post is an FYI more than anything. The concern is that I don't really know if this is my install or pagelines services not being available. Is there a daily status page of sorts that might deflect our concerns ? I need to get back on this site as it is still being developed. I'm having trouble figuring out if I should be concerned about my install or not.

Any status available for today?