Photo
Depth Charge

Depth Charge

Best Answer etcio , 07 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

Seems to appear the same on Chrome/Safari/Firefox. I've tried it on another computer with a different screen size and it seems to appear the same. Here's the original image: http://dreamerphotos...achment_id=2161. I want to make it so that more of the image is visible if that's possible.

Ahh - I understand what you're doing now.

The system is, in fact, resizing it to maximize the amount of visible photo. The distance is being calculated based on an assumption that you'll be scrolling past the section and content will exist underneath the DC section. So effectively, the bottom pixel of the photo will hit the bottom of the DC section when it hits the top of your screen. Does that make sense?

Right now, you don't have any content underneath it so you don't see the full distance it is made to scroll. I have planned on making it a tad smarter in the future, where it tries to calculate the distance of content underneath the section instead of assuming you'll want to scroll the full distance of the screen.

I'll add another tally to my feature request list for smarter distance sizing.

Does all of that make sense?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nickvdt14

nickvdt14

• Members

• 29 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Framework Version:DMS Pro

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hi there.

When using depth charge for DMS and trying to set the backdrop images, is there a way to have the images size to the width of the browser? My problem is that I'd like the full image to be shown, but when setting the backdrop using a large image it only shows a small portion of it even when smart size is checked.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hi,

Depth Charge is a new 3rd party product.  I've moved this topic so that the developer may reply directly.  He will be notified at the end of the day of your enquiry and will respond soon.

#3 nickvdt14

nickvdt14

• Members

• 29 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

Thanks Rob!

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

I have informed the developer of this topic. He should reply soon.

#5 etcio

etcio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 68 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hi there.

When using depth charge for DMS and trying to set the backdrop images, is there a way to have the images size to the width of the browser? My problem is that I'd like the full image to be shown, but when setting the backdrop using a large image it only shows a small portion of it even when smart size is checked.

I'm really sorry, Nick. I'll have to look into why I wasn't receiving notifications.

You may use my dedicated support system here: http://help.etc.io/support/home

The images are supposed to be resizing to the entire width of the browser window, and also take into consideration the vertical scroll distance necessary and compensate. Do you happen to have a link I can look at to help troubleshoot?

#6 nickvdt14

nickvdt14

• Members

• 29 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

Not a problem at all. Trying to develop the site bit by bit so there's no rush.

If you look here: http://dreamerphotos.com/info/about/ you'll see there's a section using depth charge. Unfortunately the image is much wider than the width of the page, and the height of the image isn't fully covered when scrolling. It's probably something I'm not doing correctly.

#7 etcio

etcio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 68 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

Not a problem at all. Trying to develop the site bit by bit so there's no rush.

If you look here: http://dreamerphotos.com/info/about/ you'll see there's a section using depth charge. Unfortunately the image is much wider than the width of the page, and the height of the image isn't fully covered when scrolling. It's probably something I'm not doing correctly.

http://etc.gs/qAc6

That's what it should look like, right?

It seems to be working for me. What browser/platform are you on? Does it happen when you are both logged in and not logged in? Have you tried another computer?

#8 nickvdt14

nickvdt14

• Members

• 29 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

Seems to appear the same on Chrome/Safari/Firefox. I've tried it on another computer with a different screen size and it seems to appear the same. Here's the original image: http://dreamerphotos...achment_id=2161. I want to make it so that more of the image is visible if that's possible.

#9 etcio

etcio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 68 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:05 PM   Best Answer

Ahh - I understand what you're doing now.

The system is, in fact, resizing it to maximize the amount of visible photo. The distance is being calculated based on an assumption that you'll be scrolling past the section and content will exist underneath the DC section. So effectively, the bottom pixel of the photo will hit the bottom of the DC section when it hits the top of your screen. Does that make sense?

Right now, you don't have any content underneath it so you don't see the full distance it is made to scroll. I have planned on making it a tad smarter in the future, where it tries to calculate the distance of content underneath the section instead of assuming you'll want to scroll the full distance of the screen.

I'll add another tally to my feature request list for smarter distance sizing.

Does all of that make sense?

#10 nickvdt14

nickvdt14

• Members

• 29 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Perfect sense as it only seems to be images at the bottom of the page that does this! Thanks for the reply, it's already an awesome addon and thank you for the hard work you've put in!

#11 etcio

etcio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 68 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Perfect sense as it only seems to be images at the bottom of the page that does this! Thanks for the reply, it's already an awesome addon and thank you for the hard work you've put in!

Keep me updated. I want to see what you do with it.

I used to live in Jo'burg, btw. Houghton Estates and Sandton City.

• nickvdt14 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Depth Charge