Is my developer license still valid?

Question

Posted · Report post

So know that DMS is here, is my Developer License still valid with it? I've had developer license for 2 years now. Do i have to purchase another DMD Developer account now too??

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

**Do i have to purchase another DMS Developer account now too??

Posted (edited) · Report post

My understanding is if you purchased your dev licence up to one month before DMS release OR you had a valid monthly Pagelines Plus account, then you would be graced with a new DMS licence.

For what it's worth, I had just bought the pro version a few weeks before DMS launch, so I was covered. I also had paid my first monthly Plus payment so I guess I was covered twice! BUT, my new upgraded free for one year DMS Pro or should I say business account. Only allows me up to 6 installs of DMS. As I see it, I have a choice...

I can either moan about not having more that 6 installs and stick with it, and pay the annual renewal, or I can think about the future, write off what I invested a month ago, and upgrade to pro using the discount coupon (which doesn't yet work).

I will probably wait until things settle down, then ask to upgrade to pro with unlimited sites etc. with discount code it's only $27 each month.

I also believe any existing accounts that were not upgraded gratuitously are still valid for the existing licence. But I don't think you'll ever get any changes. The new way forward is DMS.

Should Pagelines keep close to their current member base - yes
Should they be sending emails out saying what the issues are - yes
Are a lot of members annoyed and or frustrated - yes
Is DMS missing some vital demos, how to tutorials, and functionality - yes

We all have a choice. Sometimes we don't like the choices...

Cheers Edited by navigator

Posted · Report post

thanks for the info. i think i'll just do the upgrade as well once the dust settles. here's another one for ya...

What happens to all of my Sections and Plugins that I have purchased for the Pagelines Framework? Will they still work in DMS? Are they completely useless now? This troubles me b/c I have purchased quite a few items from the Store and spent a good deal of money, do i have to purchase again??? 

Posted · Report post

adamspoon24,  your previous plugins and sections will continue working in Framework and will be free for DMS, once their developers have updated the products to DMS.  Not all have finished conversions.  Unfortunately, a few have chosen to wait till the launch to make adjustments.

Posted · Report post

navigator

Your Framework Pro version allowed you to create sites you owned in unlimited number.  The DMS license you now have allows you to create 6 site, whether you own them or not.  You can, of course, upgrade to a Developer's license, for unlimited sites by writing to hello@pagelines.com, but if you do, I'd wait a few days as we sort out many of the current load.

Posted · Report post

Rob

What about if I have the Developers license? I'm a bit confused. I downloaded DMS and installed it on a test site. But when I go to upgrade to Pro Version it asks me for Auth Key which I don't have. And I can't sign in anywhere. Is this all due to the problems that have been going on?

Posted · Report post

how do i get all of the plugins and sections that I've purchased without paying for them again?

Posted · Report post

Everything previously purchased should be accessible via http://launchpad.pagelines.com

I think they're working on, or have worked on, a solution for upgrades to DMS, allowing the plugins and sections to work.

I'm still unclear how one gets those sections to show up in DMS if they're not already showing.  Yes, I'm learning just as you are.

Posted · Report post

I have been a devloper for years so I fall into the pre launch.  I just purchased DMS and got a key - will the total cost be appled to my account as a credit since I was supoed to be graced into a free upgrade? 

Posted · Report post

Okay, developer license, pro license.. doesn't matter.  If the Framework license was purchased with a PLUS subscription that was maintained, you're getting DMS, free.  If you did not purchase a PLUS subscription, but you did purchase Framework in any level of license, on or after June 15, 2013, then DMS is free.

However, if you purchased a product earlier than June 15, 2013 without PLUS, you'll have to purchase a DMS license if you want to use developer, pro or basic benefits.  You can still get it, free, from the homepage of our website at http://www.pagelines.com