Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Section hide

Question

Posted · Report post

In framework when we dragged a section into the drag and drop builder , either into global, or template regions , we had the option to always show or hide , and then select further show / hide options in the pages meta.

I cant see a way of doing this in DMS. Whenever is select a section in a global region , i see the global and local options. If i fill the local options in , it updates for that page , but all other pages have the default pagelines text on.

I wanted to enter something , like in the header region using masthead for example , then on several page not show the masthead, but keep all the other regions etc from the template.

The only way i can seem to achieve it at the moment is by cloning the template and removing the masthead from it and using that one for the pages i dont want it displayed.

Any input would be appreciated.

Regards

Steve

13 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Steve,

This is soooo new to everyone, including me, that I can't even begin to investigate and answer you properly, which saddens me no end.  My only possible suggestion at this point is to ask you to review the docs at http://docs.pagelines.com/

There may be some info there in the Using Sections part.

My humble apologies.  I'm just a bit overwhelmed at the responses.

Posted · Report post

WARNING:

If you want to hide your header/footer on a page you can't just delete it even though the dialog box makes it _sound_ like they'll only vanish from that page - they won't - they'll be gone from your whole site, as I learned the hard way...

Posted · Report post

So how do you hide a header and/or footer on a page where you don't want it?

Posted · Report post

Hi there
You can add at "Custome Code" something like

.page-id-2341 .#footer.footer.pl-region {display: none;}

My exemplary code is not necessarily applicable as written, to your site, so please adjust accordingly.

If you need more CSS help, make sure you've downloaded Firebug for Firefox
and check out W3 Schools for more info. 

If you also wish to know how I find the page ID, all you need to do is load up FireBug or Google Chromes web dev tool and inspect your page html, at the top you should see body which has a number of classes assigned to it, one of these is page-id-XX (replace XX with your pages id value. I have added a Danny┬┤s screenshot to assist you.

Posted · Report post

Hi Bat

Yes i was thinking along the lines off some css to hide it , but had not got around to it.

It does seem a large omission from the PL team , and was pretty well documented in framework. 

Hopefully they will code this in and pick up this forum thread , as it is not really "drag & drop" to do this pretty basic function.

Anyway , thanks for your input / help , i will feedback my results

Posted · Report post

Bat 

Does not seem to work my end, using :

.page-id-7 .#header.header.pl-region {display: none;}

The CSS is being loaded from looking at the source ... 

Any ideas ?

Posted · Report post

ooops 

.page-id-7 .#header.header.pl-region {display: none;}  wont work ---- doh , drop the . in front of the #  

.page-id-7 #header.header.pl-region {display: none;}  works fine .... ;-)

Thanks

Posted · Report post

sco-wp:

Oddly my page id is also 7(!) but when I drop this into the CSS/LESS box in Global settings it doesn;t work for me:

#page.page-id-7 #header.header.pl-region {display: none;}

What's your secret? ;)

Alex

Posted · Report post

Not to worry - figured it out...you can't seem to drop it in Global settings in the Visual Editor without also inserting it in the Dashboard view also - and both ahve to match if you do else one conflicts with the other...

Posted · Report post

doesn't seem to work in IE8 though...

Posted · Report post

IE8 doesn't accept all CSS.  There's nothing we can do about that.

Posted · Report post

Thank you for sharing it with us! It works fine, however in comparison with the "old" framework this it totally uncomfortable. I really hope this will be included in the near future. Is there somewhere a "feature request list" where this could be included?

Posted · Report post

Thanks for that feedback.  I'll pass it along to our developers.