Photo
- - - - -

Home Page permanently redirects to subpage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 cml

cml

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:35 AM

Hello,

We are having the same issue in this post below:

[url=http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=2201&replies=7#post-14508]

Our home page is going to a new sub page that we created. We disabled the "Redirection" plugin like was previously suggested, however we need the "Redirection plugin.

We reactivated the plugin, but it reverts back to the same issue that we are having?

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Wilbert

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:13 PM

The goal is to have a redirect for the home page to a subpage? Is there an alternate plugin to try? Or tell me which one you are trying to use so I can look into it.

#3 cml

cml

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

Hi Adam, No, the Redirection plugin is somehow redirecting our home page to a newly created subpage when the plugin is active. The plugin had been working ok, until last night. Initially, I did not understand why this was happening, until I read the thread from the link above. So, we then disabled the redirection plugin and the website was functioning properly. However, we still need the redirection for other pages on our website. We do not want the home page redirected and we have not set up any redirection for our home page. We did however have the redirection plugin redirect other pages to for our website, that we currently need. We have been having those redirections in place for a while now. However, when we re-activate the plugin it messes up the website. Do you have a fix for this? Thanks, Wilbert

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

Again, it would help if I knew what plugin you were using...also, make sure that it is up to date.

#5 cml

cml

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

The plugin is called Redirection, the link is below:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also, the plugin is up to date. Thanks, Wilbert

#6 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:40 AM

I've seen this before, make sure to thoroughly recheck your Redirection settings to make sure you didn't accidentally overlook a redirect rule in there.

Then worst case you may, need to deactivate and delete the plugin, then get into the db via phpMyAdmin via your hosting control panel and delete any reference to the redirection plugin. Then reactivate and reset only the redirects you want.

Now, another alternative is to let us know exactly what you're using Redirection for, because with the new WordPress menus there might be a better option.

Thanks, Bryan

#7 cml

cml

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:38 PM

Hi Bryan,

Ok, I would like to try the other alternative that you might have. We are using the Redirection plugin for two of the main menus to redirect to pages of our billing system. For example, we want to Redirect our Contact Page to our billing system's contact us page because the emails are automatically sent to our ticket system that way. We also want to Redirect another page for the same purpose.

Thanks,

Wilbert

#8 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:15 AM

That's what I was thinking. Okay, you can completely eliminate the Redirection plugin. Because you can go to:

Appearance > Menus

and manually recreate your menu exactly how you want.

So for the previously redirected tabs, you can now manually recreate those tabs with the right URL being used in the first place.

Thanks, Bryan

#9 cml

cml

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

Hello, Received message that the theme (iBlogPro3) is not compatible with the new menu's feature in Wordpress 3. Thanks, Wilbert

#10 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:48 AM

An upgrade would fix this menu problem. It would be impossible to update all versions of our themes when WP is updated...if you are opposed we can try and get you setup but it requires a code to be added to a few different files