Pay Attention! You need this info.

Question

Posted · Report post

Launchpad and Legacy Products

If you've purchased a product previously,  and want to download it, or wish to access your Launchpad account, we've just reinstated it.

Please login via http://www.pagelines.com/launchpad

This is NOT connected to DMS Store products.  Don't ask. That's a completely different set of things we're still working to resolve.

You Can't Access Submenus on Dashboard > PageLines

Read http://docs.pagelines.com/getting-started/dashboard-account

Enable the v2 Compatibility and you'll be able to access the Framework-like interface for DMS.

Your Unable to Find Plugins, Sections or Child Themes You've Already Bought In DMS

DMS is brand new.  Not every plugin, section or child theme is prepared for it yet.  Some will be, and as such, they'll be updated as soon as they're ready.   Just stay tuned.

Others, however, are not going to be updated, but don't panic. There's always a substitute and likely a vast improvement.

You Can't Access Your Account in DMS

Likely, there's some problem either with your installation or with your account.  Please write (ONCE) to hello@pagelines.com and they will reply in due time.  They are presently flooded with requests for all sorts of stuff and some have been emailing very impatiently expecting replies, even on weekends.  That only hurts everyone so please don't even think of doing it.

Where Are The Docs?

They're at http://docs.pagelines.com.

Read them. They're much better than any docs we've ever done before, and this time, you can contribute to them.  If you have some experience that could improve them, or want to contribute some technique, please, use the link at the bottom of every page and be part of the community.  We welcome your thoughts and input.

You Can't Find a Base Child Theme

For the base child theme try https://github.com/bearded-avenger/nicks-base-theme  or https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0tgq9ug1h1km98/dms-template-theme.zip

6 people like this

55 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thanks Rob

I purchased a dev licence to PL2 in April (c. $200), then paid a monthly fee for your premium service after that. One selling point was there would be a free monthly section for people who paid monthly dues. That commitment seemed to tail off around May.

Then came the announced launch of DMS. I recall asking at the time whether PL2 sections would be upgraded for DMS and 'grandfathered' for their users. I was told yes - as long as the developers upgraded them for DMS.

When I now login to DMS with my dev status or whatever it is now, I get access to some free sections, but can only access the sections I paid for if I pay for them again. In some cases the price has gone up. Am I really expected to pay twice - or more - for sections (and a couple of plugins) that I bought only a few months ago with an understanding they would be usable for the life of Pagelines? Or is it just that the transition to DMS is still not working properly?

In short: is it really intended that I pay for these extensions AGAIN to use them with DMS?

Here's the list of what I purchased between April and June (total of over $150).

Sections

Accordions (great section BTW)

Modal Popup

Accordy Slider

BigText

FooBox

Crackbar

Gridly

Video Background

Plugins

Highlighty

Icon Font Shortcode

Posted · Report post

BUT, if you do something not too smart, don't expect us to drop everything or stop helping others to fix the mess you created yourself - no matter how much ranting and raving you may do.  As I've said, we support Framework and DMS, two separate products. We don't support stupid decisions.

Here is a good example of the blame shifting and name calling that should NEVER EVER be part of customer service. Calling your clients "stupid" and blaming them for a raft of confusion brought about by your inept product launch / backup routine will alienate your customer base EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Posted · Report post

@bsocial  Customer service does not mean having many, many people express extreme hatred at you, or your employers or colleagues because they decide to be keyboard warriors and go on the attack.  Enough with that nonsense. I don't have to take it and no one should be dishing it out.   I did not call anyone stupid.  I did point out that if someone DOES SOMETHING STUPID, we're not able to fix it. So if you want to point fingers, point them at the people who do things without thinking, without reading the documentation, without seeing the options, notes or more info tags and then, maybe I would never need to even hint that people make extremely unwise decisions.  AND that is the end of that discussion.

@greenfrog  The sections you previously paid for under Framework are available via http://launchpad.pagelines.com. Most of them will be updated by now.  I cannot to be honest, say which as they're the projects of others and they don't tell us directly.  However, you can download them from your launchpad and upload them to a child theme's sections folder in DMS to see if they work.  I do know Crackbar is having some issues with DMS and some of the others you list may be temporarily incompatible with DMS presently.

Your purchase in April would not qualify for a free upgrade to DMS, but luckily, your Plus membership did qualify you for a developer license for DMS, so you're not out of pocket on that.  As for the sections that need updating, I'm pretty sure the developers are trying to fix everything as soon as possible.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

As I understand, Pagelines Framework will not longer be updated. The solution is to migrate to DMS.

The thing is I paid for Pagelines Framework. The DMS version offered is a free solution with limited functions, and anybody can use it. Then there is DMS Premium, wich offers more, and you have to pay for it.

I feel enforced to pay for a solution to a product that worked fine at first and now is deprecated. Shouldn't I, as a client, get more ?
I love Pagelines, and I hope not to be dissapointed as a client.

I agree Rosalind.

Why is it that the original product is abandoned by customer support?  That's not cool.  All of a sudden DMS is everything.  I have the Developer's version and cannot use it.  I'll tell you one thing, if the questions to the original Pagelines don't get addressed,  I won't ever consider DMS in the future; because who knows, after DMS it may be a new product they're promoting and DMS will be a thing of the past.

I spent a lot of money to buy Pagelines Developer's version.  Even if they don't have the answer, I would expect some sort of acknowledgement.  It's better than being ignored.  And I really consider myself a patient person.

Posted · Report post

Achif,

Kindly do not spread false rumors.  Framework will continue to be updated, as needed.  No one has ever said otherwise. There's no reason to malign a great product or scare people off from using it.  I still use it on my primary site, and don't plan to change over for a while. My other sites are being migrated to DMS soon.

There's nothing wrong with Framework, and we've no plans to shut it down, deprecate it or stop supporting it now, or in the near or foreseeable future.  Your comments only serve to frighten people, unnecessarily.