Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Front End Editing Not Working

Question

Posted · Report post

When I'm signed into Wordpress for editing my site, the site front-end editor isn't working. See screen shot...

Screen-Shot-2013-07-28-at-12.24.30-PM.pn

I'm using the DMS Developer. Is this due to the servers being down??

1 person likes this

24 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

It seems like your CSS isn't loading correctly. 

Did you install dms.zip from our homepage or, did you get the DMS-Dev.zip from our docs?

Posted · Report post

I got it from the home page and signed into my pro account.

Posted · Report post

Also...this was working fine on Friday morning but came back to it today and it was broken.

Posted · Report post

Definitely the same problem I'm having (in this thread). I get that same broken look when I try to transition.

Posted · Report post

It may be related to some work we're doing on the backend. I'll have to let our devs know.

Posted · Report post

Thanks. We may want to merge discussions if possible. I've tried all the troubleshooting things you discussed and they haven't worked. 

Posted · Report post

I hate to do this, but can you deactivate all non-PageLines plugins found in Plugins > Installed Plugins?

The visual editor uses jQuery, and there may simply be a conflict with something. If we can identify what that is, we might be able to resolve it one way or another.

Posted (edited) · Report post

No dice. I only had one plugin installed when this started. Welcome to Wordpress.

Edited by mightystrong

Posted · Report post

Question. How can you expect people to pay for a product that has issues. Because of a hack that is not 90% your own fault, you are still taking money off people for signing up and your store is still active. Today I purchased a section only to get a 404 on download.

You should either shutdown your store until all is 100% or give people a refund for the month. Just my 2 cents (euros)! 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Have you any Add-ons for Chrome?

Posted · Report post

Paul, we've made it very clear that there are problems in our Store presently. If you've made a product purchase, please email hello@pagelines.com, and forward the receipt with it, so the billing department can resolve it for you and either get you your product or credit the purchase. 

I must point out that there are always glitches when any new product is released.  Things take time to mature and resolve.  So please, as I've asked everyone, be patient.

Posted · Report post

I have two, I disabled them all and it still doesn't work. Nothing changed between Friday morning when it was working and Sunday except I updated my Mac OSX software and your servers went down. I can't remember what it updated with OSX 

Posted · Report post

This is working perfectly well on my offline site, when I upload to online it is an issue. Both are using the same chrome

Posted (edited) · Report post

Paul, we've made it very clear that there are problems in our Store presently. If you've made a product purchase, please email hello@pagelines.com, and forward the receipt with it, so the billing department can resolve it for you and either get you your product or credit the purchase. 

I must point out that there are always glitches when any new product is released.  Things take time to mature and resolve.  So please, as I've asked everyone, be patient.

Rob

I already did that today. I understand you resolving issues but your product to be chargeable must be at least fit for purpose

Also nowhere on your landing page or pricing page does this say that this is a new product. It is new for the original people but now newbies like me

Edited by PaulM

Posted · Report post

Paul,

Our Blog has published tons of material about DMS, citing it as a new product.

And you cannot possible conceive the thought or even remotely imagine that we'd release an untested product.   Also, it is Sunday, and our Billing Department is officially closed on weekends.  There are some members of the team in there, trying very hard to do catch up with the nearly 10,000 tickets opened by people because this forum and our live chat were shut down in the process of the hacking.   Compounding that, many impatient people foolishly sent in multiple complaints for the same thing, so each one has to be answered repeatedly. 

You'll be welcome to a refund, if that's what you desire, and you'll be replied to in order.  We are not slouching or playing games with anyone's money, nor with their websites.

Thanks for your feedback though.

Posted · Report post

Rob

I am not going to get into a stream of posts debating this. I have made my point, which I believe is valid as a new customer buying a product.

I haven't asked for a refund as I believe it is a good product and I never accused anyone of slouching with peoples money. Lets keep this professional.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks for giving us a chance.  We will shine through.  It's just been a rough few days.

Posted · Report post

If I delete DMS and reinstall, will I lose all my progress developing the site or will the database information be maintained up reinstall?

Any progress on this problem otherwise?

Posted · Report post

If I delete DMS and reinstall, will I lose all my progress developing the site or will the database information be maintained up reinstall?

Any progress on this problem otherwise?

Nevermind...I uninstalled and reinstalled this and it didn't work. Still have the same issue.

Posted · Report post

I believe I may have found a clue to what's going on. I discovered that a change I made to the site made it break on the blog page. I deleted the generic "Hello World!" post and hadn't yet created a new post. Therefore, there weren't any posts at all in the database. When I restored the "Hello World!" post, the front-end editing came back. You may want to look into this bug in the post-loop for the blog page.

Posted · Report post

Hi, Can you provide more information to your issue as I am unable to recreate this.

Posted · Report post

Create a brand new installation of Wordpress. Delete the only blog post "Hello, world" so that's there are none left. It should recreate the problem.

Posted · Report post

I was having the same problem on my site. I can confirm the cause was having no posts with my front page set to display latest posts. Creating a post resolved the issue.

Posted · Report post

OK, to answer the original posters issues, this is caused when you delete all posts and pages. PageLines DMS requires at least one post or page to create the CSS URL. Add a page or post and the issue will be resolved.