Sign In Negates DMS Functionality

Question

Posted · Report post

After wasting what seems like a colossal amount of time this weekend, it seems that my DMS may have limited functionality because my Pagelines account for framework/Platform 2.44 will not connect to the proper server. In fact I am not sure that I am even on the correct service plan because I am told that I would be "grandfathered" in.

When I cannot make certain functions work on the front end of my test site, I try and go to look at the drag and drop defaults and switch them around. Some options come up on individual page and posts from the editing interface or "back end," but the majority of my site defaults appear to be missing. Leaving me not only to not be able to further explore DMS but also keeping me from working on and refining any of my sites on Pagelines.

Normally you guys do a great job, but the time that this is costing me and the combined heat I am getting from clients has been rather ugly. Is there any kind of ETA we can get from you about functionality? I want to know:
When will I have full functionality for DMS? 
When will full functionality return for Pagelines 2.44?

it almost seems like there has been a lack of response due to a lack of answers because we might not like the answers. But I personally would like some sort of estimate. 

Until then, I think I had best stop investing the time until we can get better answers and clearer DOCS.

Don't misunderstand! You guys are great and I support you 100%. I just need better communication than that which I have experience since the HACK and Launch this week.

Thank You! :-)

2ewwlGx.png

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Er, me too... I was wondering if the log in was affecting the DMS functionality but it appears it is.

Posted · Report post

Well, I am simply sharing observations. I could be dead wrong. I am also hoping to get help before Monday, but I won't be too shocked if it doesn't. Since I know that they are a fairly small group, we have to let the small stuff go. I just decided I want to at least be able to have full access to what I had BEFORE DMS. *Le Sigh* I glad I am not the only one who seems baffled dhrose. 

Posted · Report post

Normally you guys do a great job, but the time that this is costing me and the combined heat I am getting from clients has been rather ugly. Is there any kind of ETA we can get from you about functionality?

I'd advise you to let your clients know we're doing our best to restore from a crisis.  There is no ETA.  We're not flying a jet, but restoring from a hacking.  It takes as long as it takes and there's no way to pre-determine a time when all will be restored.

When will I have full functionality for DMS? 

When will full functionality return for Pagelines 2.44?

We will have full functionality for DMS as soon as we can, and as soon as it's all fixed. 

We will have full functionality returned to Framework 2.4.4 as soon as it's possible. No sooner, no later. 

I'm sorry I cannot give anyone any better answers.  But we cannot move the clock any quicker or make our developers work 27 hours a day. As it is they're moving at lightening pace.  Please folks, some patience.

Posted · Report post

Your advisement would be more reasonable had the issues of the plugins that won't work or limited functionality due to the hacking were disclosed earlier. This would have been good information to know before I waste time with exploration.

The focus of resolution is on clear, effective communication, not retorts that border a lack of courtesy to your frustrated customers. "We're not flying a jet, but restoring from a hacking" borders on the kind of unproductive response that I might expect from someone who is not seeking resolution, but is actually expressing some masked hostility. I hope that this is a misunderstanding on my part as I am sure that expectations of staff communication with customers at pagelines is especially important during stressful times such as launches.

You state, "
We will have full functionality returned to Framework 2.4.4 as soon as it's possible. No sooner, no later. " Had I known this on the 24th or the 25th, I would have made the choice to focus elsewhere. I have plenty to do. Simple communication with your customers can really go a long way.

I agree as to why you are "sorry" and "
cannot give anyone any better answers," but remember it is 2013, people are pretty receptive about your approach and tone and the manner in which you responded to this post, suggests that your apology was insincere as it is followed up by, "Please folks, some patience." Having taught Non-Verbal and verbal communication, I am pretty clear when someone is not trying real hard not to be supportive. So if I am rubbing you the wrong way, I would like to suggest that someone else pick up communications or at least respond to emails in a timely manner.
Thanking you in advance for your support on these matters,

JD :thumbsu: 

Posted · Report post

Khepri,

I've tried patiently dealing with complaints all day long, but oddly, I'm going to do some plain speak here.  We did not have the time to focus on anyone's personal time management issues.  We were a bit preoccupied trying to do our jobs for the tens of thousands of our customers -- for the broader picture, not for a single individual. 

Plugins are being restored, as best we can, but remember, some are third party and we cannot tell developers to work at a speed or for a deadline.

I'm closing this topic now because it's getting out of hand.  Patience is the keyword for the day.