• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 annieswigs

annieswigs

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

Hello, 

I am unable to connect to pagelines via my dashboard. Keeps telling me Could not connect to PageLines as user "annieswigs"??

I went to pagelines.com to change a password but that did not work. Then i tried a link from a forum which sent me an email to fill out a form as well which i believe was cp/forum. That password change did not do anything. I think i am getting mixed up with the passwords. Can someone please help?

Thanks

Steven

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Steven,

We're aware of these issues and are working diligently to resolve them. They result from the attack on our servers on Tuesday night and Wednesday afternoon. Some of our critical systems are being restored, but it's taking time. We appreciate your kind patience as we continue working to bring everything back online.

#3 annieswigs

annieswigs

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Please let me know by email once the security issue has been resolved. 

Thanks

Steven

#4 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hi Rob,

I have the same issue here... do you have any idea when it will be back up? I'm in the middle of two client websites where I can't continue at the moment.

And why do I get this message when I'm logged in into my pagelines profile:

Install the WooThemes Updater plugin to get updates for your WooThemes plugins.

WooThemes is like an other theme developer right? Don't understand this ;-).

I'm logged in to https://www.pageline...min/profile.php.

Kind regards,

Willem

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

I have the same issue here... do you have any idea when it will be back up? I'm in the middle of two client websites where I can't continue at the moment.

Willem, the only thing I can say is it will be fixed when it is fixed.  We have no timeline or estimated time of arrival.  I apologize for the inconvenience to you and your clients.  We all just have to wait and watch as our development team fixes one bit at a time.

#6 Stephen

Stephen

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles / Orange County California
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

I'm in the same boat and I'm concerned that it may cost me a client. is it possible to issue a universal username and password to pro users so we can continue working? 

#7 flidget

flidget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Willem, the only thing I can say is it will be fixed when it is fixed.  We have no timeline or estimated time of arrival.  I apologize for the inconvenience to you and your clients.  We all just have to wait and watch as our development team fixes one bit at a time.

Rob - no need to apologise, you are dealing with friendly IT people here. But, nobody will believe that there isn't a timeframe available. The only reasons there can be no timeframe are 1) nobody knows how to fix it or 2) nobody is working on it. Which of the preceding applies, number 1 or number 2? If you don't know the answer, go and find out the answer. Please do not guess an answer. Please answer quickly, ring up the person who knows, explain to them that Armageddon is occurring and that you need the answer right away.

#8 flidget

flidget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

An update posted on the Pagelines Blog:

Update: July 30th

By End of Week:

• Fix on v2 Store API; which will repair v2 store, other issues.
  • v2 Store System,
  • Finishing up grandfathering Plus members into DMS Pro

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Flidget, we are not flying a plane or driving to visit Aunt Minnie.  There is no 'arrival time' here.  We're dealing with extensive code, so no, there isn't timeline. People are trying to do their best.  I will not set false expectations for our clients or give them timelines that are out of my control.  Our developers are all working 20 hour days, and not one minute is left without someone working on things to get every system working. 

We are doing our very best. 

#10 flidget

flidget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Rob, it's great people are working on the problem. Not much new information in your statement.

:sleep:

But fundamentally you're speaking complete rubbish. Step 1 is always to get the plan together. Anyway, somebody who maybe knows what to do has already told people the "arrival time" in your blog. See, it's all possible - it's not a plane or a visit to Aunt Minnie, it's a simple little IT application.

Extensive code - who are you kidding? Things in the IT industry don't come much more straightforward than Pagelines. It's a puppy of a software development. It's not the space shuttle guidance routine is it? Have you never dealt with a serious issue in IT before? Try dealing with an issue on a "real application" and then come back to the table with your humble pie and feel qualified to make snotty comments about when it is or isn't possible to determine a timeline.

I've repeated the information from your Blog above; for the benefit of all the people who have to deal with ridiculous, unprofessional, amateur replies such as yours. What are you doing - running around like a headless chicken? Perhaps you could read my previous post yourself to be more informed and useful - if you have time to find your head that is. You are a great example of why everybody rates Pagelines support below zero.

Also, a word from the older and more experience - don't have your team working 20 hours a day or the result will be an even bigger mess. Also, back everything up and don't develop your new product on top of the old product, build it alongside. Ever heard of library management, code repositories and staging servers? These are things used in real grown-up software developments, that make recovery from these small inconveniences simple and quick.

Oh, and blooming well make sure it's fixed by the end of the week as stated in the blog. You jolly well have a timeline now, so get to it and make sure you deliver. Get your Aunt Minnie on that plane you mentioned to help out with coffee and tea making. But above all GET A PLAN TOGETHER WITH A TIMELINE.

:zoro:

PS. Just trying to help. 

:thumbsu:

#11 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

The link is not working for me in any of my 5 browsers, I cached it all...

Kind regards,

Willem-Siebe