Photo
- - - - -

Thumbs on Post Excerpts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 bloggingbubba

bloggingbubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

I'm a learning as I go along with this and I'm using iBlog Pro. I haven't been able to figure out how I can make the picture in my post show up as a thumbnail. I have the thumbnail setting in the Page/Post options set to ONLY ON BLOG PAGES AND POSTS. I have the excerpt placement setting set to the same, and the full content setting is SINGLE PAGE only. Nothing happens and no thumb is present. Am I doing something incorrectly? Is there a size limit to the file being used in order for it to show correctly? I would like to have it look like this...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks in Advance!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

It appears to be working. The thumbnail and excerpt is present in the post and the blog page and the full content only appears on a single page.

This is what I see when I go to your link:
Posted Image

Is this not what you see?

#3 bloggingbubba

bloggingbubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:28 PM

Sorry, perhaps there was some confusion with my first post. The link I provided is not my site. I only put it there as an example of what I would like to have on my own site. The site in the link provided is using the exact same theme as I am. I would like to have the thumb present on excerpts, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get them there. My own site is at www.bloggingbubba.com. Like I already mentioned before, I'm learning as I go along here. Thanks.

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:30 PM

Are you using the "Featured Image" area when you create posts? This is on the right side underneath the publish button etc. and is where thumbnails are grabbed from.

#5 bloggingbubba

bloggingbubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

Perfect! It worked. Thanks.

Will you tell me how to add a Read More... script at the end of an excerpt on the main blog page?

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hello,

To add the Read More, please do the following:

1) In your Dashboard, go to Appearance > Editor and click on the _posts.php file link on the right side.

2) In the file, find this DIV layer:

3) Directly after

, paste the following code:

`

`

4) Now go to Theme Options > Custom Code and in the CSS Rules box, paste the following:

(This will align the link so that there is equally-distributed space on the top and the bottom)

Save the options, refresh your site, and it should be working.

#7 bloggingbubba

bloggingbubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:38 AM

Wonderful. It worked. Thanks a million.